A lanyard is a cord or strap worn around the neck, shoulder, or wrist to carry such items as keys or identification cards. In the military, lanyards were used to fire an artillery piece or arm the fuze mechanism on an air-dropped bomb by pulling out a cotter pin when it leaves the aircraft.
SSB Interview Preparation Material [ 100% Recommended]
- Let’s Crack SSB Interview [Book]
- SSB Psychological Tests – Deep Dive [Book]
- OIR Test and PPDT [Book]
- Current Affairs [eBook]
- Defence GK [eBook]
Facts related to Lanyard
- Some decorated regiment of the Indian Army are allowed to wear the lanyard on right shoulder.
- Other regiments wear it on left shoulder.
- Lanyard is used only in the cermonial uniform.
- Garhwal Rifles is the only regiment that uses lanyard in their combat unfirom.