Candidates appearing for the SSB Interview often face confusion about the documents required for the process. This confusion is more prevalent among freshers and final year students who are not well-versed with the necessary documents needed for the SSB Interview.
It is imperative to carefully read the call letter and follow the instructions provided in it. The call letter generally lists all the important documents required at the time of the SSB Interview. However, the situation can become challenging for freshers who may not receive their call letter on time and are thus unaware of the necessary documents required.
To address this issue, this post provides a comprehensive list of the necessary documents that candidates must carry for the SSB Interview.
SSB (Service Selection Board) is the selection process for candidates who want to join the Indian Armed Forces as commissioned officers. It is a rigorous and challenging process that tests the mental and physical abilities of candidates. If you are one of the candidates who have cleared the written exam and are called for the SSB interview, then it is essential that you carry all the necessary documents with you. Here is a detailed list of documents that you should carry for the SSB interview:
SSB Interview Documents
- Admit Card: The admit card is a crucial document that you need to carry with you to the SSB interview. It contains all the necessary details like your roll number, exam date, and center, and without it, you will not be allowed to appear for the interview.
- Identity Proof: You need to carry a valid photo identity proof with you to the SSB interview. It can be any government-issued identity proof like Aadhar Card, Voter ID, Driving License, or Passport. Make sure that the name on your identity proof matches with the name on your admit card.
- Educational Certificates: You need to carry all the educational certificates starting from 10th standard to the highest degree that you possess. These certificates act as proof of your educational qualifications and are necessary for verification.
- Character Certificate: A character certificate is a document that certifies your character and conduct. It is usually issued by your school or college principal or any other government official. Make sure that the certificate is not older than six months.
- Medical Certificate: You need to carry a medical certificate that certifies that you are fit for the SSB interview. The medical certificate should be issued by a government-authorized medical practitioner and should not be older than six months.
- NCC Certificate: If you have participated in the NCC (National Cadet Corps), then you need to carry your NCC certificates. These certificates are considered as an added advantage during the SSB interview.
- Sports Certificates: If you have participated in any sports activities at the national or international level, then you need to carry your sports certificates. These certificates are also considered as an added advantage during the SSB interview.
- Covid19 Test Report: Some boards may ask for a negative Covid-19 test report at the time of SSB.
List of documents required at the time of SSB Interview.
- Original Matric/Higher Secondary or equivalent certificate along with one attested copy there of in support of your age.
- Original/Provisional degree from the University/Institution and marks sheet of all the years/semesters along with a photocopy of each.
- Proof of identity with photograph such as voter ID (or ) PAN card (or) driving license (or) passport (or) UPSC admit card. In case of candidates of NDA/10+2 TES, they are required to bring certificate with photo issued by principal as proof of identity.
- Twenty copies of the latest passport size photographs, unattested along with the negative in white shirt (not in coat)
Final Year Candidates:
- If final year/semester result is awaited, then the candidate will submit a certificate from the principal, stating that the result of final year will be declared by ___________ .
- Students studying in final year of degree course, have to bring a certificate from the principal of their College/Institution stating that they are in final year of degree course and going to appear the final examination during ________.
- Candidates who have submitted their certificates and marksheets in college or institution for pursuing higher studies.Please bring a bonafide certificate along with certified true copy of those documents.
- Risk Certificate Applicable to NDA and TES Candidates.Must bring Risk Certificate.
- Original NCC ‘C’ Certificate (Army/Navy/Airforce Wing) with one attested copy, if competing against reserved vacancies for NCC ‘C’ Certificate holders.
- Recommended candidates are required to submit at the earliest a photocopy duly attested by Class-I Gazetted Officer of all such provisional degree/degree certificate.
- Statement of Marks in lieu of original certificates or any other date of birth certificate is not acceptable.
Specimen of all the required application form is always mentioned in the call letter, candidate must follow the same format.