Applications are invited from FEMALE CANDIDATES (only) for admission to 4 years B. Sc. (Nursing) course commencing in Jul/Aug 2016 at Colleges of Nursing and 3 years Diploma in General Nursing & Midwifery course commencing in Sep 2016 at Schools of Nursing of Armed Forces Hospitals. Based on the merit cum choice, (subject to vacancy in each College/School) the candidates will be awarded admission in either Colleges of Nursing or Schools of Nursing. Selected candidates shall execute an agreement/Bond to serve in the Military Nursing Service (MNS) for 5 years. On successful completion of Nursing Training (4/3years), the candidates will be granted permanent/short service commission in the Military Nursing Service, under the terms and conditions laid down for grant of such commission. They shall have to refund the entire cost of training in the event of withdrawal from the course, termination of training or refusal to accept commission in the MNS, if offered. During training they will be provided with free ration, accommodation, uniform allowance and monthly stipend as per existing terms and conditions as amended from time to time.
Subsequent to passing the final year University examination for B Sc (Nursing) course and DGAFMS Examination for General Nursing and Midwifery course, all candidates will be offered a commission in the Military Nursing Service. The date of declaration of result from respective Universities will be the date of commissioning for the candidates passing out of Colleges of Nursing and the date of completion of course will be the date of commission for candidates passing out from Schools of Nursing. The date of commission determines the date of seniority in service among all candidates who have joined the course in the same year. The tentative month of declaration of result of the existing 05 Colleges by the Universities and 02 Schools of Nursing is as given in the table below:-
- Female candidates who are unmarried/divorcee/legally separated or widow without encumbrances.
- Nationality – Indian
- Date of Birth – Between 01 Aug 91 to 31 Jul 99 (both days inclusive).
- Educational Qualification – Should have passed the XII standard / equivalent examination, as a regular student in all the subjects ie PCB as elective subjects and not optional and vocational (in both theory and practical) and English, in FIRST ATTEMPT from a recognized Board/University, with minimum of 50% aggregate marks (PCBE). Those who have passed such examinations as private students or with compartment in any subject or candidates from open schools are NOT ELIGIBLE. Candidates who will be appearing for final year of qualifying examination during the current academic session may also apply provisionally. The candidates finally selected for the course will have to submit proof of passing the qualifying examination with requisite subjects and marks before joining the course.
- Physical standards – Medical fitness will be determined as per standards applicable for commission in the Armed Forces. X-Ray examination of Chest and USG (of abdomen & pelvis) will be done. Minimum height should not be less than 148 cm (relaxed by 5cm in case of north East candidates). Details of medical standards can be seen in the Indian Army website
Selection: Eligible applicants will be called for an objective type written test of 90 minutes duration, covering General English, Biology, Physics, Chemistry and General Intelligence, likely to be held in Feb 2016.Candidates as per merit on the basis of written test will be called for interview during Apr 2016. Final selection will be based on combined merit of written test & interview, subject to medical fitness. Admissions to Colleges of Nursing/Schools of Nursing will be offered in accordance with the merit cum choice subject to vacancy in each College/School of Nursing.
Medical Examination: After the interview, the recommended candidates will appear for medical examination before a Special Medical Board (SMB). Candidates declared FIT/UNFIT will be informed by the President of the Medical board including the procedure of requesting for APPEAL/REVIEW MEDICAL BOARD.
Written Examination Centres : Bangalore, Chandimandir, Chennai, Danapur, Dehradun, Delhi, Guwahati, Jabalpur, Jaipur, Jammu, Kochi, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai, Secunderabad, Thiruvananthapuram , Ezhimala (Cannanore) and Wellington.
Note : If the number of candidates is inadequate/more than the capacity of a centre, the candidates opting for that centre will be allotted the centres of their second/third choice or any one of the above, mentioned centres as per the administrative feasibility. No correspondence/requests regarding change of centre from any candidate will be accepted.
How to apply : The online application will be hosted on the web page of www.joinindianarmy.nic.in. The procedure for filling up of the application form, generation of challan, admit card & subsequent call letters for interview will be available on the same website
- Candidates may apply online only through www.joinindianarmy.nic.in which will be accessible from 01 Dec 2015 to 30 Dec 2015 .(Including the Challan submission and completion of the online submission of application)
- Eligibility of the candidate will be known while submitting the online application.
- The candidate’s E-mail ID is the user ID for this website and the candidate will select their own password.
- The Eligible candidates will only be able to generate a Bank Challan of Rs 150/- in favour of DGAFMS Examination Board Fund State Bank of India, Central Secretariat, New Delhi Account Number 10314223097, IFSC code No. SBIN 0000625 from the system for making the payment in any SBI Branch.
- After making the payment in the bank the candidate will login and enter the challan Journal number given by the SBI branch where the cash is deposited. to complete the online submission of application.( The last date for online submission of the Challan No will be 30 Dec 2015. No challan will be accepted after 30 Dec 2015).
- The admit card for the written test can be generated only online by the candidate wef 02 Feb 2016 .
Note: Applications sent by post will not be accepted The selection of the candidate for B Sc. (Nursing) / GNM course will however be subject to producing of the original mark sheet/certificate of the qualifying examination i.e. 10+2 or equivalent before final selection and meeting all other eligibility criteria. The selected candidates if found not in possession of documents /mark sheets as per eligibility criteria, at the institution in which they report, the admission is liable to be cancelled. In such cases no TA will be applicable.
Duplicate submission of application will be summarily rejected without refund of the challan money. It is mandatory for the candidates to submit only one active E-mail ID for all future correspondence with us.
No correspondence will be entertained from the candidates with regard to either the receipt of applications/ status of applications/ details or reasons of rejected applications. Roll numbers of eligible candidates called for written test will be uploaded in . www.joinindianarmy.nic.in in the month of Feb 2016. The result of the written test will be uploaded in the same website in the month of Mar 2016.
Reasons for rejection of Online application are Incomplete application, submission of more than one application, Non submission of SBI challan for Rs/- 150 ( Rupees one hundred and fifty only)