Applications are invited from unmarried candidates who fulfil eligibility condition of Nationality as laid down by the Government of India for entry as Permanent Commission (PC) officers in Executive (GS) branch and Short Service Commission (SSC) officers in Executive and Technical Branches of the Indian Navy under University Entry Scheme (UES), for course commencing June 2018.
Who Can Apply: Applicant should be in the final year (4th / 5th year) in an AICTE recognised university with one of the following educational qualifications and should have obtained a minimum of 60 % aggregate marks till pre final year (till V semester of regular BE/B Tech and VII Semester of 5 year integrated degree course)
- Call up for SSB. Candidates will be issued call up for Service Selection Board (SSB) interview based on their performance during campus interviews.
- Minimum percentage on Joining INA. Candidate must have minimum of 60% marks in overall aggregate on completion of regular BE/B Tech or integrated course (as per case). The candidate failing to meet minimum cut off percentage will not be permitted to join INA Ezhimala.
- Technical Branch candidates as mentioned in the notification can also be allotted Air Technical Specialisation and will be appointed as Air Technical Officers by IHQ MoD (Navy).
- Candidates with BE/B.Tech degree in ‘avionics’ will be eligible for Air Technical branch only.
- Candidates with pending backlog will not be permitted to appear for SSB interview.
- Candidates will be shortlisted for SSB based on their first preference.
- However, if not shortlisted for the first preference, you may be considered for an alternate Branch/Specialisation/Cadre subject to availability of spare slots in SSB Batches of that Branch/Cadre.
- Once shortlisted for a Branch/Cadre, subsequent stage of selection process (SSB, Medical & Meriting) will be exclusive for the Branch/Cadre only.
- No equivalent stream of (BE/B Tech) as mentioned in Para 2 above will be considered valid for selection process at any stage.
- Age: Born between 02 Jul 1994 to 01 Jul 1997 both dates inclusive.
How to apply: Candidates are to register and fill application on the recruitment website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in . The Candidates are to apply from 01 Jul 17 to 31 Jul 17. The process for applying online is explained in the official notification below.
- The eligible candidates applying for entry will have to appear before a Naval Campus Selection Team for interview. The Candidates qualifying the campus interview will be shortlisted for SSB interview on the basis of his/her preference for the entry, subject to meeting the eligibility criteria for particular entry. In case of excess candidates further shortlisitng will be based on percentage scored up to 5th semester in BE/B. Tech. The final selection of Branch/Specialization/Cadre will be decided by IHQ-MoD (Navy) depending on number of vacancies in particular Branch/Specialization/Cadre.
- Candidates shortlisted during campus interview will be called for SSB interview at Bangalore/ Bhopal/ Coimbatore/ Visakhapatnam between Dec 17 to Apr 18. Selected candidates will be informed about their selection for SSB interview on their E-mail or through SMS as provided by candidates in their application form.
Cost to Company (CTC): The CTC for a Sub Lieutenant would be approximately Rs 72,444/- to 81,700/- per month. This includes Basic Pay, DA, Grade pay, Military Service Pay, House Rent Allowances, Ration Allowance and Transport allowance. (being revised as per 7th CPC).
Best SSB Book –> Let’s Crack SSB Interview
Best AFCAT Book –> Let’s Crack AFCAT
Best EKT Book -> Let’s Crack EKT
To crack SSB and AFSB Interview get “Let’s Crack SSB Interview” Book from Flipkart. Trusted by thousands of defence aspirants
Also Download Helpful eBooks: