Applications are invited from unmarried candidates who fulfil eligibility condition of Nationality as laid down by the Government of India for entry as Short Service Commission (SSC) officers in Executive (IT) and Technical Branches of the Indian Navy under University Entry Scheme (UES), for course commencing June 2020.
ELIGIBILITY CONDITIONS:Who Can Apply: Applicant should be in the final year (regular BE/B.Tech or integrated degree course) in an AICTE recognised university with one of the following educational qualifications and should have obtained a minimum of 60 % aggregate marks till pre final year (till V semester of regular BE/B.Tech and VII Semester of 5 year integrated degree course).
The following to be noted
- Only one application to be filled by candidate.
- Candidates who are eligible for more than one branch/cadre/specialisation should mention their preference in order of priority in their application form.
- Candidates will be issued call up for Service Selection Board (SSB) interview based on their performance during campus interviews.
- Candidates with pending backlog in any semester will not be permitted to appear for SSB interview.
- Candidates will be shortlisted for SSB based on their first preference.
- However, if not shortlisted for the first preference, you may be considered for an alternate Branch/ Cadre /Specialisation subject to availability of spare slots in SSB Batches of that Branch/Cadre/ Specialisation.
- Once shortlisted for a Branch/Cadre/ Specialisation, subsequent stage of selection process (SSB, Medical & Meriting) will be exclusively for that Branch/Cadre/ Specialisation.
- Technical Branch candidates, mentioned above at Para 2 Ser. No. (b) & (c), can also be allotted Air Technical Specialisation and will be appointed as Air Technical Officers by IHQ MoD (Navy).
- Candidates with BE/B.Tech degree in ‘Avionics/Aeronautical/Aerospace’ streams will be eligible for Air Technical branch only.
- No equivalent stream of (BE/B Tech) other than that as mentioned in Para 2 above will be considered valid for selection process at any stage.
Age: Born between 02 Jul 1996 to 01 Jul 1999 both dates inclusive.
Minimum percentage on Joining INA: Candidate must have minimum of 60% marks in overall aggregate on completion of regular BE/B Tech or integrated course. The candidate failing to meet minimum cut off percentage will not be permitted to join INA Ezhimala.
HOW TO APPLY
- Candidates are to register and fill application on the recruitment website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in . The Candidates are to apply from 07 Jun 19 to 27 Jun 19.
- The eligible candidates will have to undergo Naval Campus Selection process. The Candidates qualifying the campus interview will be shortlisted for SSB interview on the basis of his preference for the entry, subject to meeting the eligibility criteria for particular entry. In case of excess candidates IHQ/MOD (Navy) reserves the right to further shortlist and fix cut-off percentage.
- Candidates shortlisted during campus interview will be called for SSB interview at Bangalore/ Bhopal/ Coimbatore/ Visakhapatnam/Kolkata between Dec 19 to Apr 20. Selected candidates will be informed about their selection for SSB interview on their E-mail as provided by candidates in their application form.
TRAINING OF CANDIDATES APPOINTED
- The training is tentatively scheduled to commence in Jun 2020 at Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala.
- Candidates finally selected for UES, will be inducted as Officers in the rank of Sub Lieutenant and undergo 22 weeks Naval Orientation Course at the INA, Ezhimala, followed by professional training in Naval Ships and Training Establishments. In case of Executive (Information Technology) entry, course duration of NOC at INA would be 04 weeks.