Time to use your mind and creative ideas. Here comes the next and fourth GPE, also known as the group planning exercise in the SSB interview. Group planning exercises are literally a fun task to do. You need better thinking and a fast mind as well. All you need to do is come up with the best plan to achieve your goal.
Group Planning Exercise Tips
- Keep the time limit in mind.
- Prioritize the different tasks; don’t just randomly do anything.
- Try to assume hidden resources even if they are not mentioned (if there is a river, there must be a lot of water and fish also).
- Listen to others’ plans as well, you are not alone, it’s a group task.
- Divide the group logically for the faster and safer accomplishment of tasks.
- Try to use safe methods and never put yourself in a dangerous situation intentionally.
- Read the situation carefully, and note down the correct timings in your mind. All tasks must be done in relation to the time taken and time left.
Group Planning Exercise 4 Map
Group Planning Exercise 4 Situation
You are 8 students from city Deer had gone for boating on the riverside. You had parked yourself on the southern side of the river at a point A. While your friends were boating, you were going to village Tiger to bring drinking water. While crossing the Railway line, you notice that one fish plate of the Railway line has been found completely removed. A boy came running to inform you that he overheard 5 terrorists planted a powerful road mine to kill the Chief Minister who will be passing in one hour time. The terrorists were hiding in the nearby jungle. At the same time, one villager came to inform you that a tigress has mauled 2 young girls and they are lying unconscious in the jungle. Just then another man informs that his haystack was on fire and wanted your help. There is a Police post and a PCO in Vill Lion.
A messenger from PCO enquires your name and informs that your mother is seriously ill and your presence is immediately required. When you start moving, you see a young beautiful daughter of Pradhan of Vill Tiger, who was walking along with you, just slips and falls in the ground well. But you do not know swimming. The Vill Pradhan has got 5 guns with him. The train will pass through your location at 1600 hrs. A half an hour bus service is available between cities Deer and Bear. A number of carts are available in Vill Fox. There is a motor boat that can travel at a speed of 10 KM per hr. Time now is 1415 hrs. You have got a jeep with you, being a young and brave students what will you do ?