Working with the Indian Navy means working with the most elite and prestigious institutions. You can join the Indian Navy through a lot of entries. Presently men can join as permanent and short service commission officers; women can join as short service commission officers. You can get details about entries of Indian Navy through its career website www.nausena-bharti.nic.in , SSBCrack publishes the entries as soon as they are announced.
- NDA 2016: Boys who are or have passed 10+2 can join the Indian Navy through National Defence Academy Exam, which is conducted twice every year by UPSC. It is 900 marks written exam conducted for the tri-service feeder academy NDA. If you clear the written exam you have to appear for SSB interview, which is a five day process. The notification for NDA exam is released in December and June. You are advised to check your eligibility criteria.
- 10+2 (B Tech) Cadet Entry 2016: Navy announces it 10+2 Entry which is similar to 10+2 Technical Entry of Army. Boys who have passed 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and secured 70% as aggregate can apply for this entry. This is a technical entry, applications are shortlisted based on the percentage and SSB calls are given to eligible candidates. Currently the likely date of receipt of application as shown on naval website is Oct/Nov.
- CDSE Entry 2016: Combined Defence Services exam is a UPSC exam conducted twice a year for enrolling eligible candidates into Army, Navy and Airforce. A written exam is followed by SSB interview, medical for the eligible candidates. For Navy the age limit is 19-22 years. The notification for CDSE will be released in July this year for CDS 2 exam. For navy only men can apply for permanent commission.
- Direct Entries: Navy keeps on announcing direct entries based on graduation percentage for various branches. The procedure is that after the candidate applies the shortlisting of candidates is done based on graduation percentage. Then eligible candidates are called for SSB Interviews.
- UES Entry (SSC): Final Year and Pre-final year students of Mechanical, Marine, Aeronautical/Aerospace, B.Architecture, Automobile, Civil engineering, Naval Architecture, Industrial & Production, Metallurgy, Electrical, Instrumentation & Communication, Telecommunication, Power Electronics, Instrumentation, Mechatronics, Control Engg with minimum 60% up to VI th Semester and IV th Semester. The age limit is 19.5 -25(Pre-Final year) and 19 – 24(Final year). Only men can apply for this entry.
- UES Entry (Naval Architects) 2016: Men and women lying in the age of 19-24 years and studying in BE/B.Tech in Naval Architecture / Mech/Civil/ Aeronautical / Metallurgical / Aerospace Engg / B.Arch with 60% marks can apply for this.