Combined Defence Service Examination [CDSE] is a written test consisting of three papers. It is a test which enables recruitment of officers in the three wings of the defence services, i.e. the Army, Navy and the Airforce. Generally this exam is conducted twice in an year the first one in February and the second one in September, however this year the second exam of CDS will be conducted a bit late. Given below are the details related to the exam date, eligibility and age limit of the CDS 2 2014.
- Date of Notification: 19.07.2014
- Start of receipt of applications: 19.07.2014
- Last date for receipt of applications: 18.08.2014
- Date of Examination: 26.10.2014
- Results: First week of April 2015
Eligibility CDS 2 2014
- Air Force Academy (AFA): Candidates willing to apply for Air force academy should have studied Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level along with a degree from recognized university or bachelor degree in engineering /technology. Women candidates can not apply for Air force academy.
- Indian Military Academy (IMA): Aspirants willing to apply of Indian military academy through CDS 1 2014 examination should have a degree from recognized university.
- Naval Academy (NA): Aspirants applying for Indian naval academy should have engineering degree from any recognized university or institute.
- Officers Training Academy (OTA): All other men candidates as well as women candidates applying for Officers training academy should have a degree to qualify for minimum educational qualification required by UPSC to fill application form of CDS 1 2014.
- Indian Military Academy: 19-24 Years
- Naval Academy: 19-22 Years
- Air Force Academy: 19-23 Years
- Officers’ Training Academy: 19-25 Years