PPDT is a first day exam held at SSB on screening day. It is held after the OIR test which has aptitude questions to answer. The test of PPDT is perception based evaluation where you need to write a story based on a hazy picture shown on the screen and based on it you need to define the characters, action and other parameters. Now this seems to be an easy task as story writing that too based on a picture, but believe me it’s not. The major rejection that happens in a SSB is on the day of Screening only where all non serious candidates or the people who have not done properly are eliminated. Hence it’s the most important round for any aspirant because good performance here sustains you at SSB for four more days.
How To Perform Well In PPDT Narration
- Practice narration beforehand as sufficient time is given after writing the stories and starting of GD, so utilise it to the fullest.
- Remember what have you written and keep it in your mind as to what can be told to officers when individual narration option is given.
- Individual narration is the best opportunity to utilise your chance to reveal your qualities and showcase your strength.
- Once the group discussion starts in PPDT always try to look for the common story and remove from mind that only your story should be accepted.
- Practice at home the way the original exam is conducted as it can save you from getting nervous.
- Try to showcase your qualities in the story and don’t think it as a story writing competition where usage of good words or wonderful phrases might get you a award. Such stories might be neglected if the real essence is missing.
- Practice deeply at home and try to narrate the story in one minute. Remember the instruction given clearly specifies that in a limited amount of time you have to narrate. Don’t allow the examiner to say NEXT which means that you have crossed the given time and it creates the worst impression and could even be your chance for being thrown out in screening.
- Remember SSB is so individualistic that relying on books and such material can only guide you how to do things. If you use the same theme in your personal story without revealing yourself and you qualities, it can adversely affect your selection.