In defence officers are expected to lead a large force and for its success its necessary that individual should have a skill to communicate his or her thoughts properly to men and people around. The same is simulated through the exercise that we are about to discuss now. The important thing here is that it’s a individual assessment round where you need to perform all alone. Candidates should emphasis specially on such rounds where GTO officer has full time to analyse the personality of individual. Other such rounds are psychology, PI, GPE, IO, command task, at such places you should perform with utmost perfection as full views and qualities are observed and confirmed at such places. Unlike to say aspirant’s performance should be flawless in full process, but these rounds need special care as in other rounds group and team performances are judges which can be managed through other qualities.
- Clarity of thought, knowledge confidence and depth can fetch you extra marks. So prepare accordingly beforehand by making reading your habit.
- Public speaking needs to be developed and it needs time. Keep reading news dailies and be updated.
- Introduction, main body and conclusion should be the part of your script in those 3 minutes and it should be beautifully structured.
- Don’t ever try to look at the assessor, just look in to the participants eyes who are your fellow mates. Eye contact should be proper with full audience sitting in the semi-circle manner.
- A bell would be ringed when 30 seconds are remaining. Don’t just try to wrap immediately. Don’t ever show sense of urgency to finish, once the bell is wrung. Always maintain the same flow during your lecture.
- Proper ending and a good show at this stage add a lot of value to your referral by the officer , so keep self-prepared.