Every not-recommended, or as some prefer to say conference out, candidate knows the pain of being a repeater. You are immediately segregated from the rest of the group and put into a separate group. Sometimes the instructions also are not repeated for you, telling you that you must already be knowing it all. With each passing attempt, you feel it is becoming more and more difficult to get recommended. So why not eliminate all of these issues by cracking the SSB interview in the very first attempt. Getting what you want in the first try is a feeling out of the world. So here are some tips which will help you in cracking the SSB in the very first attempt itself:
- Be YOURSELF: It is very likely that you will try all the means to get to know the SSB. You’ll leave no stone unturned to get the success tips and listen to the experience of people you know. What you don’t understand in all of this is that while listening to their experiences, their views, you tend to form a view like them. This makes you lose your originality. The most important thing in SSB is being you. They take you for who you are, and not for who you try to become. Thus being original and genuine is very important.
- Honesty, the best policy, yet the worst practice: It is good to be honest, you should be honest with the whole procedure of SSB. However being too upfront is not at all advisable. Maintain the gap of interviewer and candidate, and don’t try to become over friendly. A basic level of abstraction will definitely help you and so you try to speak only as much is required.
- Getting coached or not, that’s your decision: Taking a coaching or not is up to you. If you feel you have the time and money, then you can go for a good coaching. However be very selective in choosing the institute. One good thing about coaching is that you get good exposure and get familiar with the whole procedure. However on the other hand it may fiddle with your psychology and you might write coached responses. So coaching is good if you can simply take it as guidance and let it not fiddle with your mind.
- Good groups are made not given: The idea of “getting” a good group is very wrong. Every group is good, provided you fit in. I agree some are totally chaos and some are super dull, but that is where leadership comes into action. That is the moment where you can be the star of your group. So it is in your hand to turn your group into the one with most selections.
- Nothing matters, only you: You should know about yourself, your surrounding and your near and dear ones very deeply. So be prepared to answer any such questions. They will not reject you if can’t answer a single question related to the forces or the current affairs, however they will reject you if you can’t answer questions related to yourself. So self-introspection is the key.
If you have any more comments regarding this please comment in the box below. All the best!