The Army Cadet College (ACC) Wing at Indian Military Academy provides training to the soldier, airmen, and sailor s from the regular army, navy, and air force for commission as officers in the Indian Army. The ACC is also known as the Siachin battalion now.
The training at IMA is aimed at the optimum development of intellectual, moral and physical qualities essential for leadership in the profession of arms. Training at the IMA inculcates those qualities of mind and heart, patriotism, character, dynamism, initiative and understanding that are the very basis of leadership in war as well as in peace.
The Army Cadet College Wing headed by a Brigadier is the fifth Battalion of IMA located in Tons Campus. It consists of three Companies with three platoons each and an Academic Department headed by a Principal. The latter is organized into various departments under the Humanities and Science Streams and each department is being headed by a Professor / Associate Professor.
All About ACC Entry?
- The ACC exam is conducted 2 times every year.
- The age limits for ACC is 20-27 years.
- One must have minimum 02 years of service.
- For ACC entry you must have 10+2 or its equivalent as your educational qualification.
- Both married and unmarried soldiers can apply.
- You can avail maximum 03 chances for ACC entry.
ACC Exam Selection Procedure
- First of all, before applying for ACC, the jawan must have a good ACR.
- One must have a clean record without any disciplinary action.
- A unit-level written exam will be conducted by the CO/OC to find the potential soldiers who can go ahead for ACC entry.
- Candidates who clear the written exam will be interviewed by the senior officers for further screening and selected candidates’ documents will be forward to the higher formation.
- Selected candidates will be sent for a 10 Weeks class at Command HRDCs ( Human Resource Development Centers).
- The respective formations will be sending the names of the candidates and ACC exam will be conducted at Command HRDCs.
- The ACC exam is usually conducted near February and August for January and July courses respectively.
- The Result will be declared by DGMT/MT-15 -Director General of Military Training MT-15.
- A merit list of 500 candidates will be made who will face the SSB interview. (05 x 100 in each batch)
- These 500 candidates will go for a preliminary screening test similar to the actual SSB interview.
- After the screening test, 200 candidates will be selected to go for the Young Leaders Course (YLC) at OTA Chennai and the remaining candidates will go for Personality Development Training (PDT) at AEC Centre and Command HRDCs.
- The likely dates for the ACC SSB interview will be Sep- Nov for Jan Course and Jan-March for July Course.
- Candidates who clear the SSB interview and medical tests will be called to join the Indian Military Academy, ACC wing.
- The ACC training will be for 03 years after which 01 year training at IMA, Dehradun.
ACC Exam Syllabus
- Paper 1 – GMAT
- Paper 2 – CGAT
- Paper 3 – ICE (Part 1 and 2)
- Paper 4 – ACT
How to Prepare for the ACC Exam and SSB Interview?
- SSBCrackExams understands the needs of a serving soldier who is preparing for the ACC exam, the lack of time and no proper guidance can lower your chances of clearing the ACC exam and SSB interview.
- If you are a serious ACC aspirant, you must enroll in our ACC Exam Online Course. The course is specially made for the serving soldiers who are preparing for the ACC exam. You can also Download our Learning App to access the course.
- For ACC SSB Interview preparation get these books: Let’s Crack SSB Interview, Breaking the Code of SSB Psychology, OIR Test.