“MANSA”, the virtual or mental efficiency of a person is tested in human psychology that accesses the mind of the person. It is a crucial part of SSB. The tests that are scheduled on the second day i.e. after screening day, are for accessing a candidate’s psychology. Every job needs a specific kind of person that fits in the job’s requirements. The Armed forces also have some requirements. And a good and efficient mind is their first priority. The tests in SSB are to access the mind, words and actions and psychology is a part that reads the mind. Before practicing the psychology tests, a candidate must get aware of what a psychologist wants from you.
- Experience is the ultimate solution – TAT and SRTs are framed to extract the day to day experience, observation ability and perfect use of resources at a given instant of time. TAT is a test that is based on the imagination, but not the irrelevant imagination of hypothetical ideas. The correct way to attempt it is to express your experience in a better and modified way. While attempting SRTs should be practical and response should be as per your personality and condition.
- Positivity; an uncompromised quality – Armed forces aspirants must clear one thing that these forces are made to avert the adverse condition. A soldier has to face various kinds of situation and most of them are tough, directionless and filled with problems. Being an officer is the task to lead the group in all those situations. And this can only be attained with a positive mentality. Everything that enters your mind should come out in a positive way. Entire SSB schedule needs this kind of thinking.
- Proportional risk and enjoyment – An officer must not hesitate to show bravery and should be able to take and handle risks. Along with this, a happy, enjoying mood and liveliness is also required in an officer. Entirely enjoyment or entirely risk and action in TAT can take you down. So be proportional in happy and risky stories. Revamp your imagination if not as per this type by practicing and making a good and effective story.
- Respond to the point – Write what is necessary, writing useless material is a wastage of time. In TAT, keep the story to the point rather than explaining each aspect. Make sure, your story shows work, not appreciations. Similarly, WAT is all about speed and a candidate must write a meaning full sentence. Here also, write what is in your mind and keep the point clear. SRT is the test where straightforwardness in required a lot.
- Your mind should be on the pages – SSB accesses mind words and actions of a person. A perfect coordination of these is the base of the selection criteria. So your mentality must be on the pages of psychology tests.
- Copied ideas; a trait of looser – Officers sitting there have to access herd of candidates every day. It is very easy for them to segregate the genuine and the copied ideas. Be honest in framing the ideas. As told earlier, different ideas suit different personalities. So avoid copying others ideas. What all they want is your personal observation in day to day situation and your way of handling those situations.
For best SSB Interview Preparation, get “Let’s Crack SSB Interview” from Amazon.
Conclusion – Psychology tests are for reading your previous experience, mental strength and diversity in ideas. What all is needed is to be a normal and average person with a better way to express them. Psychology is deeply linked with the observation. So keep observing your day to day matters and enhance your performance.