Indian Army is the backbone of the nation and is also called the lifeline of the security of the nation. The Indian Army provides several opportunities to the young aspirant to join the forces. The entries are for candidates for almost all age groups and qualifications, starting from 10+2 up to the graduation level. In 2019, there would be total 20 opportunities or ways, that the Indian Army will provide to the aspirant to join the force as an officer. These entries have certain eligibility conditions framed for the candidates. So, here is the summary of all 20 entries along with the basic details about them.
- NDA 1 2019 – NDA I 2019 will be the first UPSC entry for the aspirants who are appearing or have passed 12th class. The age limit for the exam will be 16 ½ – 19 ½ years. Only unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 02nd July, 2000 and not later than 1st July, 2003 are eligible. Candidates can apply for the entry on upsconline.nic.in.
- NDA 2 2019 – The qualification for NDA 2 2019 will be same.Only unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 02nd Jan, 2001 and not later than 1st Jan, 2004 are eligible. . Candidates can apply for it on upsconline.nic.in.
- CDS 1 2019 – CDS 1 2019 will provide the opportunity to the Army aspirants who have passed their graduation or are in the final your of their graduation to join the Indian Army. The candidates for IMA must have their age not earlier than 2nd Jan 1996 and not later than 1st Jan 2001. For OTA, born not earlier than 2nd Jan 1995 and not later than 1st Jan, 2001. The exam forms can be filled online from 31 Oct 2018 to 26 Nov 2018 and the exam will be conducted by UPSC on 03 February 2019.
- CDS 2 2019 – All graduate candidates appearing in final year or have passed their graduation are eligible for the entry. The age required to apply for it is 2nd July 1996 and 1st July 2001 for IMA and for OTA, the range is 2nd July 1995 to 1st July 2001. The candidates can apply for it in between 12 June 2019 to 08 July 2019 and the exam will be conducted on 08 September 2019.
- Territorial Army 2019 – All graduate candidates, who are gainfully employed are eligible for the entry. The candidate must have his age in the range of 18-42 years. The exam notice will be released in 2019.
- TES 1 2019 (TES 41) – All candidates who have passed 10+2 with 70% marks aggregate in Physics, Chemistry and Maths and having their age in the range of 16 ½ – 19-1/2 are eligible for this entry. As per the eligibility criteria, the candidate should not be born before 01 Jan 2000 and not after 01 Jan 2003 (both days inclusive). The notification for this entry will be released in 29 Oct 2018. An official cut-off will be released which will be the base of the student to be called of the SSB.
- TES 2 2019 (TES 42)– It is the 2nd entry of TES that will be served in the mid of 2018. The educational qualification is same i.e. the candidates must have passed 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, and Maths with aggregate 70% marks. The date of birth of the candidate should not be born before 01 July 2000 and not after 01 July 2003 (both days inclusive). The notification for this entry will be released in May/ June 2019. The eligible candidate will be called on the basis of the official cut-off released by the authorities.
- UES 2019 ( Possibly Discontinued)– University Entry Scheme is released only ones a year and the notification of this entry will be released in August/ September 2018. The entry calls for the engineering students studying in the pre-final year in notified streams. The candidates, who are born on or after 02 January 1994 and before 01 January 2000 are eligible. A selection panel for the Army conducts a small selections procedure at selected campus and selected candidates will be called for SSB for further testing.
- TGC 129 – TGC is opportunity served to the engineering graduates. The candidates, who have passed engineering in the notified stream can apply for the entry. The candidates whose age falls between 20 to 27 years as on 01 July 2019. (Candidates born between 02 July 92 and 01 July 99, both dates inclusive) are eligible for this entry and the notification of this entry is released in 30 October 2018. After form submission, an official cut-off is released. The candidates who have scored above it will be further called for SSB.
- TGC 130 – TGC will be the second entry of TGC of 2018. The education qualification is same i.e. the B.Tech candidates, who have passed it in notified streams are eligible for it. The notification of the entry will be released in May/ June 2018 and date of birth of the candidates born between 02 Jan 93 and 01 Jan 2000, both dates inclusive) are eligible for this entry and the notification of this entry is released in April 2019.
- SSC Tech (Men) 53 – It is another entry for the engineering students for short service commission. The notification of first entry of SSC will be released in 23 January 2019. The candidates, who have their age 20 to 27 years as on 01 October 2019 (Candidates born between 02 October 92 and 01 October 99) (both dates inclusive).
- SSC Tech (Men) 54 – The second direct entry of SSC will be SSC tech 54, which is also for B.Tech pass outs. The notification for the entry will be released in August/ September 2019 and the DoB range required according to the eligibility criteria is 02 April 1993 and 01 April 2000. The selection procedure is same as that of TGC.
- SSC tech (Women) 22 – This entry is short service entry for the women candidates who have passed B.Tech in notified streams. The date of birth of candidates must fall between 2 October 1991 and not after 1 October 1998 and the notification of this entry will be released in 23 January 2019.
- SSC tech (Women) 23 – This is the second SSC entry of 2019 for women only. The education qualification will remain the same i.e. all female candidates who have passed B.tech in notified streams. The age range for this entry is 02 April 1992 and 01 April 1999 and the notification will be released in August/ September 2019.
- AEC 129 ( Discontinued) – The Army education corps was a direct entry that calls for the postgraduates. This entry was stopped in 2018.
- AEC 130 ( Discontinued) –The Army education corps was a direct entry that calls for the postgraduates. This entry was stopped in 2018.
- NCC 46 – Those candidates, who have aggregate 2-year service in NCC Sr. Div Army with minimum B Grade in C certificate Exam have NCC opportunity for them. Along with that, the candidate must have score minimum 50% marks in graduation. For NCC candidates (including wards of Battle Casualties) 19 to 25 years as on 01 July 2019 (born not earlier than 02 July 1994 and not later than 01 July 2000, both dates inclusive) and the notification of the entry will be released in 09 January 2019.
- NCC 47 – The second NCC entry of 2019 will be NCC 47. The qualification for the entry remains the same, but the date of birth of the candidate must fall between 02 Jan 1995 and not later than 01 Jan 2001. The notification of NCC 47 will be released in July / August 2019.
- JAG 23 – The law students have also got a special entry for them. JAG 23 will be for those candidates, who have passed LLB with minimum 55% marks and are eligible for registration in Bar Council of India can apply for this entry. The candidate must be of the age between 21-27 years. 21 to 27 years as on 01 July 2019 (Born not earlier than 02 July 92 and not later than 01 July 98 both dates inclusive) and the notification of this entry will be released on 16 Jan 2019.
- JAG 24 – The second JAG entry of 2019 will be JAG 24, which will have the same educational qualification criteria. The age limit for it will be 2nd January 1993 to 1st January 1999 and the notification of this entry will be released in July – August 2018.
The above-mentioned entries will provide the opportunity for a wide range of candidates. The Army gives the opportunity to almost every aspirants, who can be productive for the nation and serve the nation in all possible ways. The entries are framed in such a way that these calls the candidates from different field and selects the best for one of the most responsible jobs in the nation. So, all Army aspirants must get through the above crisp summary of all the 20 entries and manage plan their opportunities for 2019.
IMPORTANT – Download eBooks for SSB Interview Preparations
- Thematic Apperception Test – TAT
- Lecturette Topics Part-1 eBook [100 Topics]
- Word Association Test – WAT
- Situation Reaction Test – SRT
- Officers Intelligence Test – OIR
- Current Affairs for All
Defence Exams and Interview Books: