The Indian coast guard has published the notification for the recruitment of assistant commandant to join in Pilot, General duty, and law. The Indian Coast Guard, an Armed Force of the Union, offers a challenging career to young and dynamic Indian male/female candidates for various branches as an Assistant Commandant (Group ‘A’ Gazetted Officer) and invites ‘online’ application.
- The upper age limit of OBC/SC & ST is relaxable as per Govt. of India rules in vogue.
- Maximum 5% relaxation in aggregate in the degree certificate for SC/ST candidates, NCC ’C’ (A grade) holders, Sports person of National level (Inter State & above) and wards of Coast Guard uniform personnel deceased while in service. No relaxation is applicable for 12th class marks.
- Income certificate for EWSs (Economically Weaker Sections) as per Government of India format (no other format will be entertained). (iv) Coast Guard reserves the right to fix the cut off percentage for issue of PSB call up letters.
- Candidates who have not completed their Law Degree (i.e. appearing candidates) need not apply, their application will not be accepted.
How to apply: Applications will be accepted only ‘Online’ from 24 May 2019 to 04 Jun 2019 upto 1700 hrs for the above said posts. To fill up “Online” application the candidates need to logon to the Website www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in and click on opportunities button.
Schedule for Preliminary Selection Examination. Candidates to reach the allotted centre at least 30 minutes prior to starting of Exam. The date and time of the examination will be intimated through Coast Guard website www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in. The Preliminary Selection will be conducted tentatively from Last week of Jun 19 to Last week of Jul 19 onwards.
- Short Listing of Applications. Short listing criteria will be based on higher percentage of marks in the qualifying examination and the qualifying cut off for a particular branch or centre may be increased more than 60% if more applications with higher % are received.
- Preliminary Selection. Shortlisted candidates will be called for Preliminary Selection at given date and time which will consist of Mental Ability Test/ Cognitive Aptitude Test and Picture Perception & Discussion Test (PP & DT). The aptitude tests will be in English only and will be of objective type. During PP&DT the candidates are expected to speak and discuss in English. However, they are free to speak in Hindi if they wish to do so. Date/ time and venue of Preliminary Selection once allotted will not be changed at any stage.
- Final Selection. The candidates who qualify Preliminary Selection will be called for Final Selection. The date and venue for Final Selection Board (FSB) will be uploaded on Indian Coast Guard website www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in. The Final Selection will consist of Psychological Test, Group Task and Interview (Personality test). All documents/ certificates verified during PSB are also required to be produced in originals during FSB.
Merit List. Recommendation in FSB does not confirm final selection. A merit list will be prepared for the medically fit candidates on the basis of marks obtained by the candidates at FSB and depending upon the availability of vacancies. The number of vacancies may vary from branch to branch and will be decided at a later date depending on the number of training vacancies available at training establishments. The list of candidates selected on the basis of merit list will be uploaded in Coast Guard recruitment website www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in during the month of Nov 2019. The joining letters will be issued accordingly. The training at INA, Ezhimala is scheduled to commence in end Dec 2019.