CAPF 2020 NOTIFICATION – The Union Public Service Commission has published the Official Notification of CAPF Exam for 2020 Assistant Commandant. Eligible and interested candidates can apply for the UPSC CAPF 2020 exam from 18th August 2020 till 07th September 2020.
|UPSC CAPF Exam Important Dates 2020|
|Official Notification||August 18th, 2020|
|Online Application||August 18th 2020|
|Last Date of Online Application||September 7th 2020|
|CAPF Written Exam Admit Card||November 2020|
|CAPF Written Exam Date||December 20th 2020 (New Date)|
|CAPF Written Exam Result||To be notified|
|CAPF Admit Card for Physical & Medical Examination||To be notified|
|CAPF Interview Date||February 2021|
Age Limits : (a) A candidate must have attained the age of 20 years and must not have attained the age of 25 years on 1st August, 2020, i.e. he/she must have been born not earlier than 2nd August, 1995 and not later than 1st August, 2000. (b) The upper age limit prescribed above will be relaxable. (i) upto a maximum of five years if a candidate belongs to a Scheduled Caste or a Scheduled Tribe. (ii) upto a maximum of three years in the case of candidates belonging to Other Backward Classes who are eligible to avail of reservation applicable to such candidates. (iii) upto a maximum of five years for Civilian Central Government Servants in accordance with the existing instructions of the Central Government. Ex-Servicemen will also be eligible for this relaxation. However the total relaxation claimed on account of Government Service will be limited to five years.
Candidates applying for the examination should ensure that they fulfill all eligibility conditions for admission to the Examination. Their admission at all the stages of the examination will be purely provisional subject to satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions. Mere issue of e-Admission Certificate to the candidate will not imply that his/her candidature has been finally cleared by the Commission. Verification of eligibility conditions with reference to original documents is taken up only after the candidate has qualified for Interview/Personality Test.
HOW TO APPLY: Candidates are required to apply online only by using the website https://www. upsconline.nic.in. Brief instructions for filling up the online Application Form have been given in Appendix-II. Detailed instructions are available on the above mentioned website.
LAST DATE FOR SUBMISSION AND WITHDRAWAL OF APPLICATIONS: The Online Applications can be filled upto 07th September, 2020 till 18.00 Hours. (II) The online Applications can be withdrawn from 14.09.2020 to 20.09.2020 till 6.00 PM. Detailed instructions regarding withdrawal of Applications is available at Appendix-II (B).
As per the 2020 notification of CAPF exam, the distribution of vacancies for 2020 recruitment is highlighted below. As per the UPSC notification 2020, a total of 209 CAPF Assistant Commandants (Group A) officers were recruited in the following security forces in India:
|CAPF Assistant Commandants 2020 vacancies|
|Security Forces||Number of Vacancies|
The Union Public Service Commission will hold a Written Examination on 20th December, 2020 for recruitment of Assistant Commandants (Group A) in the Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF) viz. Border Security Force (BSF), Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), Central Industrial Security Force(CISF), Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) and Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB). The Examination will be held in accordance with the Rules for the published by Ministry of Home Affairs in the Gazette of India dated 18th August, 2020. The date of holding the examination as mentioned above is liable to be changed at the discretion of the Commission.
- CISF- Central Industrial Security Force is a premier multi-skilled security agency that provides security cover to nuclear installations, airports, seaports, space establishments, power plants, sensitive Government buildings and heritage monuments. Through UPSC CAPF exam, CISF will fill in 28 vacancies of CAPF Assistant Commandant Officer.
- BSF: BSF full form is the Border Security Force. It is a paramilitary force that guards India’s land Border during peace-time and prevents transnational crime. Border Guarding Force of India is recruiting 100 Central Armed Police Force AC Group A officer through UPSC CAPF exam. For detailed information on BSF recruitment check the linked article.
- CRPF: CRPF full form is Central Reserve Police Force. It was known as Crown Representative’s Police. It became CRPF after the enactment of the CRPF Act on 28 December 1949.CRPF is recruiting 108 Assistant Commandant Officer through UPSC CAPF exam. Dive deep into UPSC CRPF recruitment details over here.
- ITBP: Indo Tibetan Border Police Force personnel are deployed on border guarding duties. The number of vacancies CAPF AC recruitment 2020 will fill in Group A vacancies in ITBP shall be mentioned in the official notification. Read about UPSC ITBP Assistant Commandant exam in detail.
- SSB: The full form of SSB is Sashastra Seema Bal. It is Indian Central Armed Police Forces that provide security in border areas, prevent trans-border crimes, unauthorized entry into the territory of India and perform other duties assigned by the Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India. SSB has also invited online application through UPSC CAPF exam notification 2019 to recruit 26 CAPF AC officer. Check the detail information of the SSB recruitment for Assistant Commandant exam 2019 in the link given.
- NSG: National Security Guard is a Federal Contingency Deployment Force to deal with anti-terrorist activities in all its manifestations. NSG commandos are an elite force, specially trained and equipped to be used in exceptional circumstances such as any serious act of terrorism.
- AR: The full form of AR is Assam Rifles. It is the oldest Central Paramilitary Force in India. The personnel in Assam rifles are recruited mainly to guard the plains of Assam region from the unruly tribes inhabiting in the surrounding hills.
Candidates with a Bachelor’s Degree from a recognised university in any discipline can apply for UPSC CAPF 2020 exam.
Seven Security Forces of India are covered under CAPF, namely, Border Security Force, Central Industrial Security Force, Assam Riffles, Central Reserve Police Force, Indo Tibetian Border Police, Sashastra Seema Bal and National Security Guard.
The written examination comprise two papers. Paper I General Ability and Intelligence and Paper II : General Studies, Essay and Comprehension