UPSC has published the latest notification of CAPF Assistant Commandant on 18 August 2020 and the CAPF written exam will be conducted on 20th December 2020 across the nation. Written exam plays a very crucial role in the CAPF Assistant Commandant selection as the marks of CAPF AC written exam and Personal Interview are considered for the final merit list, the medical and physical efficiency test consist no marks and it is just qualifying in nature.
So, now we know that the CAPF written exam is very crucial for the final selection, the more we score in CAPF written exam the more it helps us to make it in the CAPF final merit list. To score better in CAPF Assistant Commandant written exam one must be aware of the CAPF exam pattern and syllabus, the topic wise distribution and the cut off marks. In this article you can find the complete UPSC CAPF syllabus for the upcoming CAPF AC exam.
|UPSC CAPF Exam Important Dates 2020|
|Official Notification||August 18th, 2020|
|Online Application||August 18th 2020|
|Last Date of Online Application||September 7th 2020|
|CAPF Written Exam Admit Card||November 2020|
|CAPF Written Exam Date||December 20th 2020 (New Date)|
|CAPF Written Exam Result||To be notified|
|CAPF Admit Card for Physical & Medical Examination||To be notified|
|CAPF Interview Date||February 2021|
|CAPF Official Notification||Download|
UPSC CAPF Exam Pattern
- The written examination to be conducted by Union Public Service Commission comprise two papers. Paper I will be held from 10 a.m. to 12.00 Noon and Paper II will be held from 2.00 p.m. to 5.00 p.m (as per latest notification).
- Paper I : General Ability and Intelligence – 250 Marks The questions in this paper will be of Objective (Multiple Answers) Type in which the questions will be set in English as well as Hindi.
- Paper II : General Studies, Essay and Comprehension – 200 Marks In this paper candidates will be allowed the option of writing the Essay Component in English or Hindi, but the medium of Precis Writing, Comprehension Components and other communications/ language skills will be English only.
- Candidates are given 2 hours time to complete 200 questions in paper-I carrying 250 marks and 3 hours to complete 6 descriptive type questions in paper-II carrying 200 marks.
UPSC CAPF PAPER-1 Syllabus
|General Ability||Analogies, Arrangements, Syllogisms, Spatial Orientation, Problem Solving, Space Visualization, Arithmetical Reasoning, Decision Making, Analysis, Ranking,Visual Memory, Arithmetic Number Series, Coding and Decoding, Figural Classification, Statement Conclusion, Relationship Concepts, etc.|
|Intelligence||General Mental Ability, Current Events of National and International Importance, General Science, Indian Polity and Economy, Indian and World Geography and History of India|
UPSC CAPF PAPER-2 Syllabus
|General Studies||Indian History, Indian Geography, Indian National Movement, National and International Current Affairs, Eminent Personalities, Cultural Heritage, About India, Environment, General Polity, General Science, Science and Technology, Economy, Indian Constitution, etc.|
|Comprehension and Essay and English Language||Comprehension, Essay Writing, Precis Writing, Report Writing, Counter Argument, Language and Communication Skills, Grammar, Vocabulary, etc.|
UPSC CAPF AC Exam Marking Scheme
As we have discussed about the UPSC CAPF AC written exam syllabus and subjects from PAPER-1 and PAPER-2. Now let’s talk about the CAPF exam marking scheme and negative marking scheme.
- Negative marking is applicable only for objective type paper i.e. Paper-1.
- For each wrong answer, 1/3rd i.e. (0.33) marks will be deducted.
- If a candidate gives more than one answer for any question, it will be treated as a wrong answer and 1/3rd marks will be deducted for it, no matter if one of the answers marked happens to be correct.
- If a question is left blank i.e. no answer is marked by the candidate for a particular question, there will be no deductions for that question.
- Paper-2 is descriptive type, hence no negative marking is applicable.
READ: UPSC CAPF Notification