Indian Navy has published the official notification for the recruitment of the short service commission officers for various entries like Executive branch, Technical branch, and Education branch. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, an exception is being made in the public interest wherein no INET (O) entrance examination for the AT –21 course is being held for shortlisting candidates for SSB. Shortlisting of application will be based on the preference of entries and normalized marks obtained by the candidates in the qualifying degree. Marks obtained by the candidates in the qualifying degree will be normalized using formulae mentioned in Join Indian Navy website.
Candidates from different course backgrounds (B.E. / B.Tech, B.Sc,B.Com, M.Tech, M.Sc, MA) are eligible to apply for one or more common entry/entries in Direct Entry Officer Entries – Jul 2021 Course. These candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of the marks secured in their qualifying course and since the candidates from different streams are considered, it has been decided to normalize their marks on a single scale to be considered for shortlisting. Hence, the following formula will be used to calculate the final score of candidates:-
Applications are invited from unmarried eligible men & women candidates for grant of Short Service Commission (SSC) for course commencing Jun 2021 onwards at Indian Naval Academy (INA) Ezhimala, Kerala in under mentioned branches/entries in the Indian Navy. Candidates must fulfill conditions of nationality as laid down by the Government of India. Selected candidates will undergo training with one of the following three distinct courses:
- Extended Naval Orientation Course – General Service (Executive) [GS(X)]/Hydrography.
- Naval Orientation Course (NOC) Regular – Naval Armament Inspectorate Cadre/ Observer / Pilot / Logistics / Technical (Engineering & Electrical)/ Education.
- Special NOC – SSC (Executive/Information Technology).
- Due to COVID-19 pandemic, an exception is being made in the public interest wherein no INET (O) entrance examination for the AT – 21 course is being held for shortlisting candidates for SSB. The final merit list for induction will be prepared based only on SSB marks.
- These vacancies are tentative and may be changed depending on the availability of training slots.
- *Commercial Pilot License (CPL) Holders. Candidates having valid and current CPL issued by DGCA (India) and born between 02 Jul 1996 and 01 Jul 2002 (both dates inclusive) can apply for Pilot entry as per eligibility criteria stated at Para 2(d).
- **Merchant Navy Personnel. Candidates having Government of India, Ministry of Shipping & Transport Certificate of Competency (Foreign going) either as a Second Mate, Mate or Master and born between 02 Jul 1991 and 01 Jan 2002 (both dates inclusive) can apply for Executive Branch entry (General Service) and Technical Branch entry (SSC Engineering) as per stipulations stated at Para 2(a) & 2(g) respectively.
Who Can Apply?
- Candidates who have graduated or in the final year with minimum 60% marks in aggregate or equivalent CGPA from a university incorporated by an Act of Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as Universities/Autonomous Universities under UGC, Act 1956; IIT Act, 1961; AICTE Act, 1987; NITSER Act, 2007; IIIT Act, 2014, or; Obtained a degree in Engineering with 60% marks in aggregate or equivalent CGPA/System from such foreign university/college/institution recognised by the Government of India for the purpose or Engineering Degree/equivalence certificate from Association of Indian Universities established under AIU, Act 1973, can apply. The candidate will, however, be required to fulfil the educational qualification stipulated above before joining INA. The candidate failing to meet stipulated educational criteria will not be permitted to join INA, Ezhimala.
- Only one application can be filled by a candidate.
- Approximately 900 candidates, who have chosen SSC (Pilot) entry, will be considered for SSB/CPSS/Aviation Medical Examination. Remaining candidates will be considered for other entries chosen by them
- Candidates must indicate their preference for other branches/cadres also, if they wish to be considered for those branches/cadres. Candidates will not be considered for branches/cadres that they have not selected. Candidates are advised to ascertain their eligibility for branches/cadres, with respect to applicable medical standards, prior to indicating their preference.
- Candidate will be allocated branches/cadres based on their merit and preference, subject to fulfilling other criteria such as education, medical standards etc.
- No equivalent stream of BE/B.Tech/other qualification, other than those mentioned in para 2 above will be considered valid for selection process at any stage.
Medical standards/ Relaxation in Height and Weight, Tatoo, Pay & Allowances/ Group Insurance & Gratuity/ Leave Entitlements/ Tenure of Commission/ Duties of Officers. Please visit website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in for information.
- Shortlisting of application will be based on preference of entries and normalised marks obtained by the candidates in the qualifying degree. Marks obtained by the candidates in the qualifying degree will be normalised using formulae mentioned in Join Indian Navy website.
- For candidates who have completed MCA, MBA, M.Sc, B.Sc and B.Com marks obtained in all semesters will be considered. In all others cases, marks obtained by candidates in all semesters till pre-final year will be considered. Candidates selected in the final merit list will be required to submit the proof of the completing the qualifying degree with minimum 60% of marks. Candidates failing to meet the criteria will not be permitted to join the Academy. No communication will be entertained in this regard.
- Approximately 8300 candidates [ie approximately 40 candidates per vacancy per entry, except for SSC (Pilot)] will be shortlisted for SSB. Their SSB interviews will be tentatively scheduled from Feb 21 onwards at Bangalore/ Bhopal/ Visakhapatnam / Kolkata. SSB for Pilot & Observer entry will be conducted at SSB Bangalore only.
- Shortlisted candidates will be informed about their selection for SSB interview through e-mail or SMS (provided by candidates in their application form). Candidates are advised not to change their e-mail/mobile number till selection process is over.
- SSB recommended candidates are required to undergo medical examination as applicable to their entry. Candidates of Pilot entry are required to undergo Computerised Pilot Selection System (CPSS) followed by Aviation medical examination. Candidates for Observer entry are to undergo Aviation medical examination.
- Based on performance in SSB, merit lists would be prepared separately for Extended NOC, Regular NOC and Special NOC. Merit list of regular NOC entries will be prepared entry-wise separately and every entry will have separate joining Date, Training Duration etc. Merit list will be compiled on the basis of SSB Marks and the entry for which the candidate has undergone SSB interview and medical examination. Candidates recommended by SSB and declared medically fit will be appointed for training on the basis of entry-wise merit list and the number of vacancies in the respective entry.
- Candidates except Merchant Navy will be inducted in the rank of Sub Lieutenant. Merchant Navy candidates having Government of India, Ministry of Shipping & Transport Certificate of Competency (Foreign going) either as a Second Mate, Mate or Master will be inducted as Acting Lieutenant.
- Officers of Extended NOC(General Service/Executive & Hydro) will undergo 44 weeks training at Naval Academy Ezhimala followed by professional training at Naval Ships and training establishments as per extent regulation.
- Officers of regular NOC (all other branches excluding IT) will undergo 22 Weeks Naval Orientation Course.
- Officers of SSC (IT) will undergo 04 Weeks Naval orientation Course at the Naval Academy, Ezhimala. This will be followed by professional training in Naval Ships and Training Establishments as per extant regulations.
How to Apply: Candidates are to register and fill application on Indian Navy website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in w.e.f 18 Dec 20. To save time during the application submission window, candidates can fill in their details and upload documents in advance.
- DATE OF OPENING – 18 Dec 2020
- LAST DATE FOR ONLINE APPLICATION – 31 Dec 2020