SSB interview is the most stringent selection procedure which involves assessment of a personality at three levels namely ‘Mansa Vacha and Karmana’, the literal meaning of these terms is, how a person thinks, what and how he speaks and the way he acts in situations and with people, all these personality aspects give a wholesome idea of the person and these qualities can only be polished in the right direction with proper knowledge and awareness of happenings around us.
The importance of current affairs in SSB has been established with activities that involve direct assessment of general awareness. Current affairs are very important for SSB Interview because it is asked for sure. It is vital because you might have noticed, a great personality or defense officers are always aware of all the vital issues happening not only in the country but in the world too, due to his knowledge he has some views and opinions on every topic which allows him to participate and rise in each and every discussion wherever he goes.
20 latest International News Asked In SSB Interviews – May 2022.
Sri Lankan Crisis: PM Mahinda Rajapaksa Resigns
- Anti-government Protests Across The Island Nation. Meanwhile, A Curfew Has Been Imposed. Earlier President Gotabaya Rajapaksa Had Declared The State Of Emergency In The Country. It Was The 2nd Time That an Emergency Was Declared In Sri Lanka In Just Over A Month.
- Later In the Month, Ranil Wickremesinghe was sworn in as Sri Lanka’s prime minister for the sixth time.
UNCCD 15th Session Of The Conference Of The Parties
- COP-15 UNCCD At Abidjan In Cote D’ivoire. India Had Hosted The COP-14 UNCCD From 2nd To 13th September 2019 In New Delhi. India Would Raise Its Ambition Of The Total Area That Would Be Restored From Its Land Degradation Status, From 21 M H To 26 M H Between Now And 2030.
- The UNCCD Was In 1994 And Has 197 Parties. It Is The Only Internationally Legally Binding Framework Set Up To Address The Problem Of Desertification. To Help Publicize The Convention, 2006 Was Declared “International Year Of Deserts And Desertification“.
Pulitzer Prize 2022 Announced
- Slain Photojournalist Danish Siddiqui Is Among 4 Indians Honoured With The Prestigious Pulitzer Prize 2022 In The Feature Photography Category. Siddiqui And His Colleagues Adnan Abidi, Sanna Irshad Mattoo, And Amit Dave From A News Agency Won The Award.
- Marcus Yam Of The Los Angeles Times Bagged The Award In The Breaking News Photography category. Meanwhile, The Washington Post Bagged The Pulitzer Prize In Public Service Journalism For Its Coverage Of The January 6 Insurrection At The US Capitol.
2nd Global COVID Virtual Summit
- PM Modi Participated At The Invitation Of The US President Joseph Biden. The Summit Intends To Galvanize New Actions To Address The Continued Challenges Of The COVID Pandemic And Build A Stronger Global Health Security Architecture.
- Prime Minister Modi Delivers His Address In The Opening Session Of The Summit On The Theme – Preventing Pandemic Fatigue And Prioritizing Preparedness. Mr. Modi Also Participated In The First Global COVID Virtual Summit Hosted By President Biden In September Last Year.
- India Is Playing A Key Role In Ongoing Global Efforts To Combat The Pandemic By Supplying Safe And Affordable Vaccines, Medicines, Development Of Low-Cost Indigenous Technologies, And Capacity Building For Health Care Workers. It Is Also Pro-actively Engaged With World Health Organization At Its Centre.
G7 Declares Strong Counter To Russia
- G7 Have Declared They Will Never Recognize New Borders As A Result Of Russia’s Military Operation In Ukraine. And Will Uphold The Engagement In The Support Of The Sovereignty And Territorial Integrity Of Ukraine, Including Crimea, And All States.
1st Image Of The Black Hole – Sagittarius A*
- Astronomers Have Unveiled It At The Centre Of Our Own Milky Way Galaxy. This Result Provides Overwhelming Evidence That The Object Is Indeed A Black Hole And Yields Valuable Clues About The Workings Of Such Giants, Which Are Thought To Reside At The Centre Of Most Galaxies.
- The Image Was Produced By A Global Research Team Called The Event Horizon Telescope (EHT) Collaboration, Using Observations From A Worldwide Network Of Radio Telescopes.
- Although We Cannot See The Black Hole Itself, Because It Is Completely Dark, Glowing Gas Around It Reveals A Dark Central Region (Called A “Shadow”) Surrounded By A Bright Ring-like Structure. The Black Hole Is About 27,000 Light-years Away From Earth.
Cannes Film Festival Opens In France
- The 75th Cannes Film Festival 2022 Opens In France And Will Continue Till May 28. Red Carpet Event Is Going To Be A Gala Event As Minister Anurag Thakur Along With Movie Celebrities Including AR Rahman, Nawazuddin Siddiqui, And Actor Pooja Hegde Are Set To Walk As Part Of The Indian Delegation.
- India Is The Official Country Of Honour At Cannes Film Market In This Edition Of The Festival. This Is The First Time That This Honour Has Been Bestowed On Any Country And Comes At A Time When India Is Celebrating Its Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav.
First International Migration Review Forum
- The 1st IMRF Will Take Place At The UN HQ In New York On 17-20 May 2022. The Goal: To Review The Progress Made At The Local, National, Regional, And Global Levels In Implementing The Global Compact For Safe, Orderly, And Regular Migration (GCM).
- Minister Of State For External Affairs V. Muralitharan Will Lead The Indian Delegation. It Will Consist Of Four Interactive Multi-stakeholder Round Tables, A Policy Dialogue, And A Plenary. It Will Result In the Adoption Of A Progress Declaration.
India Rejects Pakistan’s Resolution On J & K
- India Categorically Rejected The Resolution Passed By The National Assembly Of Pakistan About The Delimitation Exercise In J & K. Pakistan Has No Locus Standi To Pronounce Or Interfere In Matters That Are Internal To India, Including Indian Territories Under Pakistan’s Illegal And Forcible Occupation.
Sweden And Finland To Jointly Apply For NATO
- Swedish Prime Minister Magdalena Andersson And Finnish President Sauli Niinisto Announced Their Decision To Submit Their NATO Bids Together. USA For Talks On The Two Nations’ NATO Applications And European Security. Germany Will Increase Military Cooperation With Sweden And Finland.
BRICS Ministers Meetings
- BRICS Ministers Of Foreign Affairs Meeting Was Held Where External Affairs Minister Dr S. Jaishankar Participated In The Meeting and Prepared The Ground For The 14th BRICS Summit. India Handed Over The BRICS Chairmanship To China In January 2022.
- 8th BRICS Environment Ministers Meeting Was Held Where Bhupender Yadav Participated Held Virtually Under the Presidency Of China. The Theme Of The Meeting Was ‘Foster High-quality Brics Partnership, Usher In A New Era For Global Development’. The Joint Statement For The 8Th Brics Environment Ministers Meeting Was Also Adopted In The Meeting.
- 7th BRICS Culture Ministers’ Meeting Was Held Where Meenakshi Lekhi Attended and The Ministers Adopted The BRICS Action Plan 2022-2026 To Further Strengthen The Cultural Cooperation And Implement The BRICS Cultural Cooperation Agreement Signed In 2015.
World Economic Forum In Davos
- Piyush Goyal Lead The Indian Delegation From the 22nd To The 26th of May. The Delegation Included Shri Mansukh Mandaviya, Shri Hardeep Singh Puri, And the CM Of 6 States – MP, TN, AP, Maha, Karnt, And Tel. Several Industry Leaders Will Also Participate In The Deliberations Of The WEF.
- WEF’s Alliance To Supercharge India’s Climate Action Announced: Part Of The WEF’s Climate Action Platform, The Alliance Will Continue Efforts To Achieve The Vision Outlined In The White Paper Released Last Year, ‘Mission 2070: A Green New Deal For A Net Zero India’, On India’s Low-carbon Transition By 2070.
- The Management Consultancy Kearney And The Indian Think-tank Observer Research Foundation, The Alliance Will Serve As A High-level Platform To Support Business Leaders In Planning And Implementing Plans And Programs To Achieve Climate Targets, Including Net-zero Economic Growth.
80 Cases Of Monkeypox In 11 Countries: WHO
- Another 50 Suspected Cases Are Being Investigated, Without Naming Any Country. It Is A Rare Viral Infection That Is Usually Mild And From Which Most People Recover In A Few Weeks. The Virus Does Not Spread Easily Between People, And The Risk To The Wider Public Is Said To Be Very Low.
Indonesia Announces To Lift Ban On Palm Oil Exports
- The World’s Top Palm Oil Exporter Has Since 28th April Halted Shipments Of Crude Palm Oil (CPO) And Some Derivative Products To Try To Tame Soaring Prices Of Domestic Cooking Oil. Palm Oil Makes Up More Than A Third Of The World’s Vegetable Oil Market, With Indonesia Accounting For About 60%.
XV World Forestry Congress
- The Seoul Forest Declaration Was Adopted and Signed By 141 Participant Countries. It Is Held Every 6 Years. This Year’s Event, Hosted By The Republic Of Korea And Co-organized With FAO, Was The Second Congress Held In Asia.
- Indonesia Hosted The First Congress In Asia In 1978. It Provides A Forum For Inclusive Discussion On The Key Challenges And Way Forward For The Forestry Sector. Theme 2022: Building A Green, Healthy, And Resilient.
WHO Global Health Leaders Awards
- The WHO Director-general Dr. Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus Has Announced Six Global Health Leaders Awards. Dr. Tedros Himself Decides On The Awardees For The World Health Organization Director-general’s Global Health Leaders Awards.
- India’s One Million All-women ASHA Workers (Accredited Social Health Activist) Were Awarded And Honoured By WHO For Their ‘Outstanding’ Contribution To Advancing Global Health, Demonstrated Leadership, And Commitment To Regional Health Issues.
- They Were Honoured For Their Crucial Role In Linking The Community With The Health System And Ensuring Those Living In Rural Poverty Can Access Primary Health Care Services, Throughout The Covid-19 Pandemic.
Quad Leaders’ Summit 2022 @ Tokyo
- Quad Has Carved Out A Niche For Itself, In Such A Short Span Of Time, Before The World. Quad’s Scope Has Become Vast. The Mutual Trust And Determination Of Quad Nations Are Giving New Energy And Enthusiasm To Democratic Powers.
- Mr. Modi Stressed That A Free, Open, And Inclusive Indo Pacific Region Is Getting Encouraged At The Quad Level, With Cooperation. He Called It The Shared Goal Of All Quad Countries.
- The Quad Summit Provided An Opportunity To Take Stock Of The Progress Made So Far On Quad’s Initiatives And Give Guidance For The Future. The Leaders Reviewed The Progress Of Quad Initiatives, Identified New Areas Of Cooperation, And Provided Strategic Guidance For Future Collaboration.
Indo-Pacific Economic Framework For Prosperity
- POTUS Joe Biden Launched The IPEF. It Includes India, Australia, Japan, Brunei, Indonesia, Korea, Malaysia, New Zealand, The Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, And Vietnam. Together, These Represent 40% Of The World GDP.
- IPEF Is Aimed At Strengthening Ties In This Critical Indo-pacific Region To Define The Coming Decades For Technological Innovation And The Global Economy.
- The Framework Will Create A Stronger, Fairer, And More Resilient Economy For Families, Workers, And Businesses In The United States And In The Indo-pacific Region.
World Bank Warns About Global Recession
- World Bank Chief David Malpass Has Warned That The Russia-Ukraine Conflict As The Price Of Food, Energy, And Fertilizers Are Increasing Exponentially. Lockdowns In China. Earlier, Last Month, World Bank Cut Its Global Economic Growth Forecast For This Year By Almost A Full Percentage Point, To 3.2%.
EU Leaders Strike Strong Against Russia
- EU Leaders Have Agreed To Embargo Most Of Russian Oil Imports Into The Bloc By Year-end. The Embargo Covers Russian Oil Brought In By Sea.
- It Allows A Temporary Exemption For Imports Delivered By Pipeline, A Move That Was Crucial To Bring Landlocked Hungary On Board A Decision For Consensus.
- It Covers More Than Two-thirds Of Oil Imports From Russia. The Punitive Move Will Effectively Cut Around 90% Of Oil Imports From Russia To The EU By The Year End.
- EU Leaders Meeting In Brussels Also Agreed To Cut Off The Largest Russian Bank, Sberbank, From The Swift System And To Ban Three More Russian State-owned Broadcasters.
- Leaders Also Agreed To Provide Ukraine With A 9-Billion-euro Tranche Of Assistance To Support The War-torn Country’s Economy. It Was Unclear Whether The Money Would Come In Grants Or Loans.
Important Appointments & Elections
- In Hungary, Katalin Novak Has Taken Over As The First Female President Of The Country.
- Yoon Suk Yeol Was Sworn In As President Of South Korea. One Of Yoon’s Main Challenges Will Is Dealing With North Korea.
- Sheikh Mohamed Bin Zayed Al Nahyan Has Been Elected As President A Day After The Death Of Former Leader Sheikh Khalifa.
- Anthony Albanese Sworn In As Australia’s New PM.
- World Health Assembly Member States Re-elected Dr. Tedros To Serve A Second Five-year Term As DG Of WHO. Dr. Tedros Was First Elected In 2017.
Important Reports & Rankings
Global Food Policy Report:
- International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) Has Released Global Food Policy Report: Climate Change & Food Systems, Showing India’s Risk For Hunger Could Increase By 23% By 2030 Due To Climate Change.
- Global: Baseline Projections Indicate That Global Food Production Will Grow By About 60% Over 2010 Levels By 2050 In The Context Of Climate Change. Production And Demand Are Projected To Grow More Rapidly In Developing Countries, Particularly In Africa, Than In Developed Countries.
The Lancet Planetary Health – Air Pollution Report:
- ‘Pollution And Health: A Progress Update’, Published In The Lancet Planetary Health, Air Pollution Was Responsible For 16.7 Lakh Deaths In India In 2019, Or 17.8% Of All Deaths.
- Globally Air Pollution Alone Contributes To 66.7 Lakh Deaths, Which Updates A Previous Analysis From 2015. In Most Of The 16.7 Lakh Air pollution-related Deaths In India, Around 9.8 Lakh Deaths Were Caused By PM2.5 Pollution, And Another 6.1 Lakh By Household Air Pollution.
World Press Freedom Index:
- India’s Ranking In The World Press Freedom Index Has Fallen Down To 150th Position From Last Year’s 142nd Rank Out Of 180 Countries – Reporters Without Borders. Pakistan – 157 Position, Sri Lanka – 146, Bangladesh – 162 And Myanmar – 176.
- Nepal Has Climbed Up By 30 Points In The Global Ranking At 76th Position. This Year, Norway (1st) Denmark (2nd), Sweden (3rd) Estonia (4th), And Finland (5th) Grabbed The Top Positions, While North Korea Remained At The Bottom Of The List Of The 180 Countries And Territories Ranked.
For More SSB Interview Related Important Current Affairs Topics: Enroll Now
To join Indian Armed Forces as an Officer and crack the AFSB interview, You can join our SSB interview live classes batch and we recommend you to Enroll SSB INTERVIEW ONLINE COURSE. Trusted by thousands of defence aspirants.