Indian army providing an opportunity to young and gainfully employed men, to join the Territorial Army (TA) as an officers by donning the uniform and serving the nation. An Indian young men with a good job in hand can be a part of regular territorial army like Kapil dev and Sachin Pilot. If you have missed the chance to be a regular army officer, then this can be another opportunity for you.
- Territorial Army Notification July 2013
- How to become an officer in Territorial Army India
- Apply for Indian Coast Guard 2014
Eligibility Criteria for Territorial Army TA 2013:
Only male citizens of India and Ex-service officers who are medically fit.
Age: 18 to 42 years as on 15 Jan 2013
Qualification: Graduate from any recognized university.
Employment: Gainfully Employed in Central Govt/Semi Govt /Pvt Firm/ Own business/Self Employed.
(Note : Serving Employees of Polices/Para Military Forces are not eligible.)
Territorial Army TA- Terms and Conditions of services:
- Commission is granted in the rank of Lieutenant.
- Pay and Allowances and privileges will be same as regular Army Officers when embodied for training and military service.
- Promotions up to Lt Col by time scale subject to fulfilling laid down criteria. Promotion to Colonel and Brigadier by selection.
- Officers commissioned in TA Infantry may be called out for military service for longer duration depending on requirement.
Training Period In Territorial Army 2013:
- One month basic training in the first year of commission.
- Two months annual training camp every year including the first year.
- Three months Post Commissioning training within first two years at IMA Dehradun
How to Apply for Territorial Army 2013:
Procedure for Civilian Candidates:
- Download the Territorial Army application form from here.
- Fill the TA application form and send it along with self addressed stamped envelope of 28 x12 cms size, two passport size photographs and postal stamps worth Rs.12/- (Rs. 25/- for J&K) affixed on envelop to their respective TA Group Headquarters as per the area given below.
Procedure for Ex Service Officers Only:
- Ex Service Officers of three services as a candidate should send their application along with enclosures as mentioned in application form to Addl Directorate General TA, Integrated HQ of MoD (Army), ‘L’ Block, New Delhi-01.
- The candidates are screened by an Army HQ Selection Board (ASB) held at Addl Dte Gen TA Army HQ, ‘L’ Block, New Delhi which is followed by a Medical Board for successful candidates.
Note: Form completed in all respects will be accepted till 15 Jan 13 at respective locations as mentioned above.