10 Things To Keep In Mind For Success In A GD Of SSB: SSB is altogether a different exam where everything common happens but is judged in a different way. In this series, I would like to take up how things are assessed by the assessors and how are they different. Also what could be a strategy of the aspirant to get success? PPDT will have a concluding GD where the goal is to achieve a common story while GTO round will have 2 GD on general awareness topics and a GD on GPE also. So in all there will be four points where the group needs a discussion. It has been asked by hundreds of aspirants through the mail that how one should perform and do well in GD.
Please remember that these GD’s are different altogether as things are psychologically judged and there would be three assessors who will be willing to look for the initial stint of OLQ’s only in the person. So forget starting a GD or shouting and speaking a lot many times. These are all myths and will disturb you from preparing in the right direction. If in PPDT you are able to reveal the few set of Qualities you are definitely in. The assessors here see the potential for being an officer, rest all the qualities are verified later in other 4 days at SSB. Now let’s have a look to what can give you success in GD:
- Do not look to the officers while narrating your story or while discussing them in the group.
- Follow all the instructions given while briefing all the processes.
- If smaller groups are being formed in fish market situations or in any other situation follow special instructions and be calm.
- The assessors will be the moderators also. Try not to create a fish market situation, if that’s created work hard to resolve or coming out of the situation else the moderation of the GD would be done otherwise.
- Proper body language is really very important in GD so follow all the basic rules of revealing a positive body language.
- Arguing is never allowed in a GD. These PPDT and other 2 GD’s are judged differently so don’t take it to be a normal GD where you will be selected from the number of times you speak/stand out.
- Time management and a conclusion are really very important for the success of self and the group.
- Try keeping stronger points at particular instances only when you will be heard and those points will have a maximum impact.
- Listening is also a good habit in SSB, so give other a chance as well and include all in the group, specially the weaker ones.
- Be a leader or a manager or an influencer or a knowledge bank in a group but certainly perform roles in GD to stand out and get selected.
Body language in such an exercise is very important and I would deal it in a separate article. Still If you have any confusion or feel to take individual assessment of personality for olq’s or prepare from your place itself through one to one interaction through my mentoring / counselling program or need personal assessment for introspection drop me a mail at email@example.com or add me on Fb and drop in a message. SSB is just knowing about yourself through introspection and reflecting the same during the exam, which is easy as you just have to be yourself. Happy preparations!!!