Five Mantras To Clear PPDT: The most horrifying thought nowadays among the defence aspirants have been getting screen-out. It’s really difficult to accept that because no one is given a further chance to show the potential in the psychology, PI or the GTO rounds as the aspirants might be well prepared for that. But it’s worth prepare for screening round first rather than other things. So all the preparation should be going together for all the rounds. One must remember that SSB is altogether a different place and have a different taste altogether. Here things are psychologically assessed, so it’s worth to prepare differently in first understanding self and then practicing and working for various rounds. Even at PPDT there would be three assessors so that there is no scope for mistakes in selecting the right candidates.
The GD is also different which happens after PPDT once everybody writes the story and narrates it individually. One should score well in OIR and write a story reflecting the OLQ’s showing the assessors that they have the potential to be assessed further more in depth in other rounds. The following pointers might help:
- Observe picture carefully – People forget to do this and start writing the things they have read somewhere else or someone has asked them to write or taught them. Every personality is different and if you follow others personality success will never be yours.
- Make a blue print in mind – Normally things should be made up in mind first in the given 30 seconds and then it should come in the paper. Never change the things in between .Be original and live with it.
- Keep it short with the flow intact – I have been assessing a lot of mentees for their stories and what I see in the majority of the cases that the flow and the link are missing in most. Different stories cannot be altogether in one story. We only need one story with what led to the thing, what happened and what could be a probable ending.
- It’s not an English writing competition, but a psychology test – People spend a lot of time in wring good words and beautiful English. It’s not that competition. Even if things are grammatically wrong but psychologically relevant you have the chance to get recommended. Though general mistakes might create a bad impression and hence avoided.
- Don’t fight while discussing – It’s a discussion to get a conclusion and not a ground to fight on the certain issue. So discuss, give everyone a chance and don’t make it a fish market.
How to handle a fish market situation is very important and I would deal it in a separate article. Still If you have any confusion or feel to take individual assessment of personality for OLQ’s or need a self-introspection assessment personally from your place itself through one to one interaction through my mentoring / counselling program drop me a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or add me on Fb and drop in a message. Preparation in the right direction can make this exam a really easy one. So try introspecting deeply to know first and then practice else the things might not match and mismatch will not give a recommendation.