Free mind with good tactics of working efficiently make an officer. From mental to physical performance, candidates have to accelerate from major points to hidden facts and tricks. The Personal interview is one of the three techniques that are framed to access the calibre of a candidate. The interview is the part of the SSB that accesses “
The interview is the part of the SSB that accesses “Vachna” of an aspirant. The interviewing officer decides your selection by conversation over past and present experience and achievements. Apart from communication skill and bulk of experience and OLQs, some basic interview etiquettes must be followed by candidates to impress IO. Here we are having some of them, which every SSB aspirant should follow
- Good Entry – A good beginning is half done. These need to be kept in mind while preparing for SSB interview. Positive entry with humble behaviour makes the good image of the person. Polite voice coupled with gentle entry is the best way to enter the interview room.
- Eye Contact – While attending the personal interview, candidates are advised to maintain eye contact with interviewing officer. This not only shows your alertness but also shows your confidence. Avoiding eye while answering any question or thinking something leaves a bad impact over IO.
- Posture – The way you sit after entering the room, the way you stand while going out of the room and even the way you sit in entire interview period matter a lot. Shaking legs, biting nails, non-erect posture, etc. should be avoided. These traits show non-presence (mentally), lack of interest or lack of social moral values. Erect posture shows attentiveness and your interest to the speaker/ interviewing officer.
- Hand Movements – Hand movement should be as low as possible. Try to bind your palm with your legs. Your attention and discipline will impress the interviewing officer. Hand movement with conversation should be controlled. Excess usage shows low confidence of the candidate.
- Talking Style – The way of talking while the questioning and answering is going should be in a cordial manner. Speaking louder, or in a lazy way, fumbling, confusingly speaking, correcting yourself again and again, might take your chances of selection down.
- Mild Smile – Answering with a mild smile on face doubles the impact of the candidate. Personal interview has some questions of enjoyment, seriousness and more, but candidate must keep a smile on the face. Remember, excessive laughing means you are excessively frank and not a serious guy toward your future or work. An officer has to be cool minded in all kinds of situations. An unstable mind can take the entire team to into a problem.
- Total Attention – Paying total attention to the interviewing officer shows your attentiveness. It is the most important quality that an officer must possess. Hearing the questions or getting what IO wants to ask, his counter questions and his expression have to be attentively observed and your reply must be as per the requirement of the question. Answering irrelevant or out of topic will reduce IO’s interest in you. Keep the conservation, comprehensive and crisp.