Applications are invited from Indian male candidates possessing educational qualification and age, as prescribed below, for recruitment to the post of Yantrik in the Indian Coast Guard, an Armed Force of the Union. Indian Coast Guard offers opportunity for Indian male candidates having Diploma in Electrical/Mechanical/Electronics and Telecommunication for recruitment to the post of Yantrik for 02/2019 batch. Selection procedure through written and physical efficiency tests, followed by medical examination. The recruitment Centres are at Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata, and Noida.
Yantrik Eligibility Criteria
- Educational Qualifications: Matriculation or equivalent, and Diploma in Electrical / Mechanical / Electronics and Telecommunication (Radio/Power) Engineering Approved by All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE) with 60% in aggregate. (5% relaxation in above minimum cut off will be given for SC/ST candidates and outstanding sports person of National level who have obtained 1st, 2nd or 3rd position in any field sports events at the Open National Championship/ Interstate National Championship. This relaxation will also be applicable to the wards of Coast Guard uniform personnel deceased while in service).
- The qualifying percentage may be increased if more number of applications are received. Candidates from “Open Schools/Institutes” not recognized by the Govt. are not eligible.
- Age: Minimum 18 years and maximum 22 years i.e. between 01 Aug 1997 to 31 Jul 2001. Upper age relaxation of 5 years for SC /ST and 3 years for OBC category candidates.
Applications will be accepted ‘Online only’ from 11 to 21 Feb 19 till 1700 Hrs. Candidates are to log on www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in
Yantrik Pay and Allowances: On joining Indian Coast Guard, you will be placed in Basic pay Rs. 29200/- (Pay Level-5). In addition, you will be paid Yantrik pay @ Rs. 6200/- plus Dearness Allowance and other allowances based on nature of duty/ place of posting as per the regulation enforced time to time.
Yantrik Selection Procedure: (a) Call up letters cum e-admit card for eligible short listed candidates indicating date, time and place for the recruitment tests, which are scheduled during the month of March 2019 would be required to be downloaded from internet site www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in. The call up letters cum e-admit card will be tentatively uploaded on website by First week of March 2019. No separate call up letters cum e-admit card will be issued. Candidates can be allotted any centre view administrative reasons. (b) Short-listing criteria for applications will be based on higher percentage of marks in the diploma. SC and ST candidates will be given due weightage while short listing. (c) The qualifying cut off percentage can be increased if more number of applications are received. (d) The written tests will be objective type. The questions paper will contain questions from their respective branch (Mechanical /Electrical/Electronics & Telecommunication) and will also include some questions of general knowledge, reasoning aptitude & English. (e) Those who qualify written tests will undergo Physical Fitness Test (PFT) and initial Medical Examination. The testing procedure will take 2-3 days. (f) Physical Fitness Test (PFT) will be conducted for all those who qualify the written tests. All candidates are advised to be in possession of sport rig i.e Sport Shoe, T shirt, Trouser etc. Qualifying PFT as per the standards given below is compulsory. The PFT will consist as under:- (i) 1.6 Km run to be completed in 7 minutes. (ii) 20 squat ups (Uthak Baithak). (iii) 10 Push ups. Candidates undergoing PFT will do so at their own risk.
Yantrik How to Apply: Applications will be accepted ‘Online only’ from 11 to 21 Feb 19 till 1700 Hrs. Candidates to logon to www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in and click on opportunities button. The important instructions for filling of online application are:- (i) The name of the candidate, father/mother’s name and date of birth should be mentioned as per the 10th class certificate. (ii) Indicate exact percentage of marks in diploma up to two decimals and this is not to be rounded off. (iii) Filling up of information like personal e-mail ID and Mobile number of the candidate are compulsory. (iv) Candidates to choose any one Centre out of the options displayed.
Read Official Notification: Indian Coast Guard Yantrik Recruitment 2019
IMPORTANT – Download eBooks for SSB Interview Preparations
- Thematic Apperception Test – TAT
- Lecturette Topics Part-1 eBook [100 Topics]
- Word Association Test – WAT
- Situation Reaction Test – SRT
- Officers Intelligence Test – OIR
- Current Affairs for All
Defence Exams and Interview Books: