With an astronomical budget of 100,000 rupees, Mission Gaganyan is set to be India’s most ambitious space mission. India’s premier space agency Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) and the Indian Air Force (IAF) for a seven day manned mission to space.
- Russia to train India’s pilots for the country’s first human-crewed space mission
- Wing Commander Nikhil Rath from the IAF has been shortlisted as one of the three pilots set to fly in this mission.
- The program has been organised to enhance ISRO’s proficiency in Satellite technology and launch capability
- The program is likely to generate employment for 15,000 people, out of which 861 will be ISRO personnel.
- Premier French Space Agency CNES, will be assisting ISRO in specialised fields such as space medicine, astronaut health monitoring, radiation, protection of life etc