Applications are invited from unmarried eligible men & women candidates for grant of Short Service Commission (SSC) for course commencing Jun 2022 onwards at Indian Naval Academy (INA) Ezhimala, Kerala. Candidates must fulfill conditions of nationality as laid down by the Government of India. Selected candidates will undergo training for respective branches/cadres/specializations as under.
- Extended Naval Orientation Course – General Service (Executive) [GS(X)]/ Hydrography.
- Naval Orientation Course (NOC) Regular – Air Traffic Controller/Observer/Pilot/ Logistics /Education/Technical (Engineering & Electrical) /Naval Architect.
*Merchant Navy Personnel: Candidates having Government of India, Ministry of Shipping & Transport Certificate of Competency (Foreign going) either as a Second Mate, Mate or Master and born between 02 Jul 1992 and 01 Jan 2003 (both dates inclusive) can apply for Executive Branch entry (General Service) and Technical Branch entry (SSC Engineering) as per stipulations stated at Para 2(a) & 2(g) respectively.
**Commercial Pilot License (CPL) Holders: Candidates having valid CPL issued by DGCA (India) and born between 02 Jul 1997 to 01 Jul 2003 (both dates inclusive) can apply for Pilot entry as per eligibility criteria stated at Para 2(d).
NCC Candidates” NCC ‘C’ certificate holders will be given relaxation of 5% in cut off marks towards shortlisting for SSB subject to meeting following criteria:-
- Having NCC ‘C’ certificate of Naval/Army/Air Wing with minimum ‘B’ Grade.
- Not served less than two academic years in the Senior Division, Naval/Army/Air Wing of the NCC.
- ‘C’ certificate should not be dated prior to 01 Jun 2019.
- The final selection will be subject to verification of the certificate by DGNCC/concerned NCC unit for its validity. Candidature of individual will be cancelled at any stage of selection/training/post commissioning, in case of false declaration, misinformation, concealing of information.
- The mandatory minimum educational qualification in qualifying degree at all stages (SSB/Training/post commissioning) is 60%.
Who Can Apply: Candidates who have graduated or are in the final year, with minimum 60% marks in aggregate or equivalent CGPA from a University incorporated by an Act of Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as Universities/Autonomous Universities under UGC, Act 1956; IIT Act, 1961; AICTE Act, 1987; NITSER Act, 2007; IIIT Act 2014, or; Obtained a degree in Engineering with 60% marks in aggregate or equivalent CGPA/System from such foreign university/college/ institution recognised by the Government of India for the purpose or Engineering Degree/equivalence certificate from Association of Indian Universities established under AIU, Act 1973, can apply. The candidates will, however, be required to fulfil the educational qualifications stipulated above before joining INA. The candidates failing to meet stipulated educational
criteria will not be permitted to join INA, Ezhimala. All SSB recommended candidates would be required to inform their final result of respective degree by 30 Apr 22 to Indian Navy on the email ID email@example.com.
- Only one application can be filled by a candidate.
- Approximately 1000 candidates, who have chosen SSC (Pilot) entry will be considered for SSB/CPSS/Aviation Medical Examination. Remaining candidates will be considered for other entries chosen by them.
- Candidates must indicate their preference for other branches/cadres also, if they wish to be considered for those braches/cadres.
- Candidates will not be considered for branches/cadres that they have not selected.
- Candidates are advised to ascertain their eligibility for branches/cadres, with respect to applicable medical standards, prior to indicating their preference.
- Candidate will be allocated branches/cadres based on their merit and preference, subject to fulfilling other criteria such as education, medical standards etc.
- No equivalent stream of BE/B.Tech /other qualifications other than those mentioned in para 2 above, will be considered valid for selection process at any stage.
Merit List: Merit lists would be prepared separately for Extended NOC and Regular NOC based on SSB marks. Candidates declared fit in medical examination would be appointed as per availability of vacancies in the respective course/entry.
Probation Period: Probation period for officers of all branches/cadres is two years. The probation period will commence from the date of grant of the rank of Sub Lt /Ag Lt and will terminate after two years or on completion of initial training (whichever is later). During probation the officers are liable to be discharged in case of unsatisfactory performance at
How to Apply: Candidates are to register and fill application on Indian Navy website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in w.e.f 21 Sep 21.
Selection Procedure: The selection procedure is as follows:-
- Shortlisting of application will be based on preference of entries and normalised marks obtained by the candidates in the qualifying degree. Marks obtained by the candidates in the qualifying degree will be normalised using formulae mentioned in Join Indian Navy website.
- BE/B.Tech. For candidates who have completed or in final year of BE/B.Tech, marks obtained upto fifth semester will be considered for SSB shortlisting.
- Non-Engineering Degree Programme. For candidates who have completed MCA, MBA, MA, M.Sc, B.Sc and B.Com, marks obtained in all semesters will be considered. For candidates who are in final year, shortlisting will be based on pre-final year performance.
- Candidates selected in the final merit list will be required to submit the proof of completing the qualifying degree with minimum 60% of marks by sending an email at the address firstname.lastname@example.org . Candidates failing to meet the criteria will not be permitted to join the Academy.
- No communication will be entertained in this regard.
- Shortlisted candidates will be informed about their selection for SSB interview through email or SMS (provided by candidates in their application form). Candidates are advised not to change their e- mail/mobile number till selection process is over.
- Change of SSB Centre for examination / interview is not permissible under any circumstances.
- Any correspondence regarding change of SSB dates be addressed to the call up officer of the concerned SSB on receipt of call up letter. Candidates are to download the call up letter on receiving intimation from IHQ-MoD (N) at SMS/email (provided by candidate in their application).
- No compensation is admissible in case of any injury sustained as a result of tests during SSB interviews.
- AC 3 tier rail fare is admissible for the SSB interview, if appearing for the first time for particular type of commission. Candidates are required to bring photocopy of the first page of pass book or cheque leaf where the name, A/C No. & IFSC details are mentioned, while appearing for SSB.
- Details of SSB procedure are available on Indian Navy website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in
Prepare for SSB Interview: