The details about these two entries are given below:
- Who all can apply: Technical Graduates i.e. Engineers who are appearing i.e. last year students and who have passed engineering can apply. Males can apply for TGC and SSC Tech and females can apply for SSC Tech.
- Educational qualification: Degree in BE/B.Tech or Appearing in Final year in the streams as notified by Indian Army.
- Age: Males must lie between the age of 20-27 years (for both entries) and females must lie between 19-25 years at the time of course commencement.
- Cutoff: Since no written test is there hence the call for SSB is made on the basis of cutoff percentage of qualifying exam i.e. engineering in this case. This cutoff is decided by the Army based on the applications received.
- Commission: TGC entry will grant you a permanent commission and through SSC Tech entry as the name suggests you’ll be commissioned as a Short Service Commission Officer.
- Training Academy: The training academy for TGC is IMA and for SSC Tech is OTA.
- Notification: Notified twice a year in Apr and Oct for TGC and SSC-Tech (Men) and Dec/Jan and June/July for SSC Tech Women.
- Procedure: Candidates applying for TGS/SSC-Tech are shortlisted for entry as per the cut off decided by Army. There are no such percentage criteria at the time of application. The mode of application is online and shortlisted candidates are called for SSB interview which is a five- day process including screening tests, psychological tests, group tasks, and Personal Interview, then the selected candidates go for medical examination. In the end the final merit list is prepared, and those whose name appears in the list join IMA/OTA.