Candidates who are waiting for the Airforce Common Admission Test – AFCAT 2 2017 notification and exam date, here is the good news for you. As per the official statement by Indian air force on their website, AFCAT 2 2017 notification will go online on 3rd June 2017, AFCAT 2 2017 applications will be available online on the official website of IAF i.e. careerairforce.nic.in.
- Release of Notification – 3rd June 2017
- Starting of Registration for the Exam – 3rd June 2017
- End of the Registration Process – 3rd July 2017
- Exam Date – 27 August 2017
- Result Announcement – September 2017
The AFCAT Question Paper will have 100 questions. All questions will be of three marks each. For every correct answer the candidate will get three marks and for every wrong answer one mark will be deducted under negative marking. The total time allotted for the paper is two hours.
Each Question Paper will have questions from the following topics:-
- General Awareness – History, Sports, Geography, Environment, Civics, Basic Science, Defence, Art, Culture, Current Affairs, Politics etc.
- Verbal Ability in English – Comprehension, Error Detection, Sentence Completion, Synonyms, Antonyms and Testing of Vocabulary.
- Numerical Ability – Decimal Fraction, Simplification, Average, Profit & loss, Percentage, Ratio & Proportion and Simple interest.
- Reasoning and Military Aptitude Test – Verbal Skills and Spatial Ability.
Age – The age range for flying is different than the age range for Technical ground duty.
- Flying – The age range for flying branch is 20-24 years.
- Technical – The age of candidate must fall between 20-26 years for this post
- Ground duty – The candidates must have his age in between 20-26 years for this post.
AFCAT Selection Procedure. The AFSB testing schedule is in two phases and normally for a period of five to six days depending upon contingencies and will be as follows:-
|Day 1||Phase 1- Officer Intelligence Rating and Picture Perception & Discussion Tests. Psychological Tests for Candidates who are Recommended in Phase 1|
|Day 2||Group Tests/ Interviews|
|Day 3||Group Tests/ Interviews|
|Day 4||Group Tests/ Interviews|
|Day 5||Group Tests/ Interviews, Board Conference|
|Day 6||Pilot Aptitude Battery Test for Recommended candidates eligible for Flying Branch|
Best SSB Book –> Let’s Crack SSB Interview
Best AFCAT Book –> Let’s Crack AFCAT
Best EKT Book -> Let’s Crack EKT
To crack SSB and AFSB Interview get “Let’s Crack SSB Interview” Book from Flipkart. Trusted by thousands of defence aspirants
Also Download Helpful eBooks: