If you are working on weight loss issues for the SSB medicals, then you probably want results to be faster and safer. Losing weight for some can be a monotonous and wearisome task. But if you have that fire to get an entry into the Armed Forces of India, after clearing all stages of SSB, you also need to pass the medical tests qualifying all physical standards mentioned in the stipulated time designated by the medical board.
We are providing you tips that are based on scientific researches and experiences to help you lose weight faster and efficiently in the safest way possible. While losing weight may be the only motto for some, we shall furnish you with some thoughtful tips that will also shape out your fitness and improve your health.
Understand how weight loss works:
Before jumping into the tips, first, understand how the fundamentals of weight loss work.
Cutting out the carbs or exercising every day won’t help you, get this straight. Losing weight comes down to calories; how many calories you intake and how many you burn. This is called as the calorie balance equation. If you eat too few calories, you may end up losing muscles and face low rate of metabolism. That will give you less energy for exercising and your body will work against you to conserve energy, and you may feel extremely hungry. This creates imbalance and reverses your action of losing weight safely, ultimately making you unfit to work. If you want to lose weight fast, firstly, stabilise the calorie equation that allows losing only fat (not muscle), maintains your metabolism and keeps energy levels high to burn fat faster.
Following tips will help you determine the best strategies to lose weight faster and effectively.
- Get 7-8 hours of quality sleep every night- Sleep is the most important habit of all to assist you in losing weight fast. The more quality sleep you get, the easier it gets to control hunger and gives you more energy to exercise. Insufficient sleep causes increased hunger, muscle loss, and weight gain.
- Replace processed foods with whole foods- The root cause of obesity is unarguably processed foods. Strictly cut down food that is processed, like french fries, doughnuts, cake, etc. from your meals because they provide with significant calories without filling you up and the worst part is that they will shoot your hunger levels shortly after consuming such foods. Eat foods in their natural state or close to their natural state like apples, fish, lettuce, eggs, etc.
- Eat protein with every meal- High protein diet helps you lose weight faster than consuming low carbs diet.
- Drink 10-12 glasses of water every day- It is recommended to drink plenty of water because it is strongly associated with improved weight loss. Always keep yourself hydrated that maintains your energy levels and gives you the sensation of satiety (fullness).
- Follow a nutrition plan- You know about your current eating habits, target and create a nutrition plan and follow it every day. Have a systematic approach and stay uniform in your nutritional eating habits.
- Do full body workouts 5x a week (Body Physical Training)- Training your entire body with workouts or regular physical activities will help you elevate metabolism and calorie burn while preventing muscle loss. Focus on multi-joint exercises like push ups, pull ups, squats, etc. that involve large muscle groups.
- Exercises- Actively engage yourself in activities that require manpower. Also, exercise before heavy workouts; warm up, jog, run, roll, stretch etc. Walk 7500+ steps every day.
- Do Yoga 5x a week- Include Yoga in you daily routine, that will help you lose weight and stress both. Do 10-20 minutes of yoga to reap benefits of this exercise form.
- Go for outdoor activities- Apart from the exercises and workouts mentioned above, you may also incline towards outdoor games like football, volleyball, badminton that require high stamina and let you lose weight quickly and promote wholesome physical development.
- Swimming- This is the perfect activity for overall body workout. It builds your endurance, cardiovascular fitness, muscle strength and burns calories required to lose weight. Swimming has been highly appreciated and regularly praised for weight loss.
Some more tips:
- Take at least 20 minutes to eat your meals.
- Avoid extreme low-calorie diets (the strategy to lose weight may backfire if you eat extremely low-calorie foods).
- Eat salad for lunch (or dinner).
- Eliminate sugary or aerated drinks.
- Drink a glass of water before your meals.
- Drink black coffee.
- Drink Green Tea without sugar.
- Eliminate alcohol.
- Go to bed before midnight.
- Sleep in a cool, dark room.
- Drink warm lime water on an empty stomach every morning.
- Take 15-20 minutes walk after your meals.
And remember the most crucial tip that you have to equip yourself with- Be Consistent in your habits! Understand that consistency is essential and nothing is achieved without it.
Best SSB Book –> Let’s Crack SSB Interview
Best AFCAT Book –> Let’s Crack AFCAT
Best EKT Book -> Let’s Crack EKT
To crack SSB and AFSB Interview get “Let’s Crack SSB Interview” Book from Flipkart. Trusted by thousands of defence aspirants
Also Download Helpful eBooks: