The latest commissioning of the arms and weapons in the Indian Navy are very crucial point for the aspirants who are going to appear in the Navy SSB and those preparing for AFCAT, CDS, NDA and T.A. The pace of induction and commissioning of weapons in Indian Navy is relatively high as compared to the other services, which is modernising it to the much higher level. The recently commissioned new weapons have been listed below.
- INS Chennai –The Kolkata class stealth guided missile destroyer has been commissioned in Indian Navy which has become the largest destroyer to be built in India. It is the 3rd and last in the sequence of the Kolkata class guided missile destroyer build under project 15A. Is can also carry Baraka and Brahmos missiles.
- INS Tihayu – It is a car Nicobar Water Jet Fast Attack Craft. It is the sixth craft of this type and has been built by Garden Reach Ship Builders And Engineers Ltd based in Kolkata. It has been given to the eastern fleet of Indian Navy and can carry out the rescue, patrolling and similar missions.
- INS Arihant – With the commissioning of INS Arihant, the indigenously built strategic nuclear submarine, India has been listed on 6th rank in possession of the nuclear submarine triad, which is able to launch ballistic, aircraft and submarine launched and nuclear missiles. It has also been included in ship submersible ballistic as it can carry nuclear tipped ballistic missiles.
- INS Tilanchang – This water jet fast attack craft has been commissioned in Indian Navy, which can conduct several missions like surveillance, rescue, and humanitarian assistance etc. It is the 3rd ship of the 4 WJFAC and is reported as the fastest among its group during the trails.
- INLCU L51 – The surveillance ship has been inducted into Indian Navy and will be helpful in patrolling, anti-poaching activities, drug trafficking, and other illegal activities. Being the first ship of LCU MK IV Class, it has been developed by the Garden Reach Ship Builders And Engineers Ltd.
Important projects –
Some important projects that are a significant part of the weapon modernisation of Indian Navy have been planned to induct new and advanced weapons. These are
- Project 15 – The project is to develop Stealth Guided Missile Destroyers for the Indian Navy. These are INS Kolkata, INS Kochi and INS Chennai.
- Project 17A – It is a follow up of project 17 (Shivalik class frigate) which is to manufacture 7 frigates, which would be built by Mazagaon dock and GRSE.
- Project 75I – the project is for 6 diesel electric submarines. It is a follow up of project 75 (Kalvari class submarine)
Conclusion – These projects have been asked in the SSB and can be a part of yours too. Prepare for it and keep yourself up-to-date with the current weapon induction. Those aspirants who are about to appear in the Navy SSB or having their defense qualifying exam in upcoming months should give some time to this topic and check these newly commissioned weapons along with the good knowledge of navy to put a good impression over the SSB panel.