CDS examination is approaching day by day and aspirants are dissolving their mind in practicing and fighting the competition. The exam is scheduled on 14th February and a few weeks are left now. Admit cards are about to get uploaded. Now, aspirants need to work hard smartly to clear the examination. So here we are having some point or tips to perform well in upcoming CDS examination.
- Read newspaper – Newspaper is the most valuable source of knowledge that hardly affects monthly expenses. CDS aspirants, who have problem in attempting English paper in CDS, should read newspaper to make hold over English, vocabulary and general awareness. Mostly preferred newspaper is The Times of India or Hindustan times can be opted as an alternate. It is not necessary to read the entire newspaper as it will take more time. The correct way to read the newspaper is to firstly go through the newspaper and check the important news that are of your use. Then read them and reading the editorial page of newspaper will luster your knowledge because each article gives a summary of specific news with previous happenings garnished with good vocabulary.
- Maths is all about practice – Syllabus of maths is not so wide and an aspirant having optimum expertise in maths of 6th to 10th standard can give good results in maths. Air force aspirants are advised to give best in maths as well as in English to get score beyond the cut-off. These two papers are scoring and aspirants can reach high cut-off of the air force. Navy and army aspirants should perform well in maths also due to sectional passing criteria in this examination.
- Go through current affairs of previous months – Current affairs knowledge is the most crucial part of the examination. The 2nd paper of CDS that constitutes general knowledge and current affairs. The questions asked in CDS are of two types. Some are directly asked questions which have a question with four options and another type is the statement type question where some statements are given and the options will have the statement numbers which are either correct or incorrect. Out of these, the latter need deep knowledge due to the high probability of answering wrong. Mostly asked questions are from current affairs of last 4-5 month. SSBCrack has special e-books of current affairs for CDS aspirants.
- Brush up knowledge of your subjects –GK section of CDS examination has a combination of current affairs and subjective knowledge of science, commerce and arts. Having sufficient knowledge of your stream and subjects can increase your GK marks. G.K. Is the most feared section of CDS due to wide syllabus and mind wrecking question pattern. So pay attention to it.
- Practice papers and previous papers – To get the final performance status, aspirants must go through the previous examination papers or sample papers which will give you the idea of how to attempt the paper and the strategy to solve it considering the time limit.
- Avoid gambling on questions – Some aspirants tick answers randomly when they face the hard pattern of questions. The negative marking scheme takes them down. It is advised to all aspirants to avoid answering questions that are out of your mind. It slides down your chances of clearing examination as well as golden chance to join Indian Armed Forces.