Indian Air force has published the AFCAT 1 2019 notification today on their official website, candidates can now apply for the AFCAT exam which is going to held in 2019. AFCAT 1 2019 will be the first phase of AFCAT exam in 2019 and candidates who are interested to join the Indian airforce cand apply for Flying, Technical and non-technical branches of Indian air force through AFCAT 1 2019. We suggest you to read the complete details related to AFCAT 1 2019 before applying for it like AFCAT 1 2019 application form, age limits, education qualitification, written exam details, merit list and AFSB interview dates. The AFCAT 1 2019 is a great way to join the Indian air force and one of the best defence exam in terms of comfort and speed of result. Boys and Girls can apply for the AFCAT 1 2019 online at their website afcat.cdac.in. To get the maximum deserving candidates for the entries, the Airforce authorities have planned a selection eligibility criteria, which is different for the entries of the exam. AFCAT 1 2019 exam will be conducted at various online centre across the country. AFCAT 1 2019 has a question paper of 100 questions with 300 maximum marks. More details related to AFCAT 1 2019 is mentioned below:
Branch And Course Number
- Flying – (207/21F/SSC/M & W)
- Ground Duty Technical – 206/21T/PC/ M and 206/21T/ SSC/M & W
- Ground Duty Non-Technical – 206/21G/ PC/M and 206/21G/ SSC/M & W
|AFCAT Events||AFCAT 1 2019||AFCAT 2 2019|
|AFCAT Notification Date||1 December 2018||1 June 2019|
|AFCAT Online Application Date||1 December 2018||1 June 2019|
|AFCAT Application Last date||30 December 2018||July 2019|
|AFCAT Admit Card date||After 01 February 2019||August 2019|
|AFCAT Exam date||16 and 17 February 2019||24 and 25 Aug 19|
|AFCAT Result date declaration||Last week of March 2019||October 2019|
Type of Commission:
- Permanent Commission (PC) for Men. Candidates joining as PC officers would continue to serve till the age of superannuation in their respective branches as per their rank
- Short Service Commission (SSC) for Men & Women.
- The engagement period for Flying Branch (Men and Women) SSC Officers is fourteen years from the date of Commissioning (Non extendable).
- The initial tenure for Ground Duty (Technical & Non-Technical) SSC Officers would be for a period of ten years. An extension of four years may be granted subject to service requirements, availability of vacancies, willingness, suitability and merit.
Age limit: Flying Branch through AFCAT and NCC Special Entry: 20 to 24 years as on 01 Jan 2020 i.e. born between 02 January 1996 to 01 January 2000 (both dates inclusive).Upper age limit for candidates holding valid and current Commercial Pilot License issued by DGCA (India) is relaxable upto 26 years i.e. born between 02 January 1994 to 01 January 2000 (both dates inclusive).
– A graduate candidate with minimum 60% marks and must have scored minimum 60%marks in Maths and Physics in 10+2 in 12th standard.
– B.Tech/ B.E candidates who have scored minimum 60% marks and have scored 60% marks in maths and physics in 10+2 in 12th standard are also eligible for it.
Ground Duty Technical
Age Limit – Ground Duty (Technical & Non-Technical) Branch: 20 to 26 years as on 01 Jan 2020 i.e. born between 02 January 1994 to 01 January 2000 (both dates inclusive).
Educational Qualification – The candidate must have B.Tech/ B.E degree in notified streams as mentioned in the official notification of the IAF with minimum 60% marks and have scored minimum 60% marks in Physics and Maths in 10+2 standard are eligible for technical entry.
Ground Duty Non-Technical
Age – Ground Duty (Technical & Non-Technical) Branch: 20 to 26 years as on 01 Jan 2020 i.e. born between 02 January 1994 to 01 January 2000 (both dates inclusive).
Educational Qualification –
- Administration and Logistics – Graduation degree with minimum 60% marks or equivalent.
- Accounts – B.Com Degree with minimum 60% marks or equivalent.
- Education – Post graduate degree (MBA / MCA or MA / M Sc degree in English / Physics / Mathematics / Chemistry / Statistics / International relations / International Studies / Defence Studies / Psychology / Computer Science / IT /Management / Mass Communication / Journalism / Public Relation) with minimum 50% marks, along with minimum 60% marks in graduation.
Marital Status: Candidates below 25 years of age must be unmarried at the time of commencement of course. Widows/Widowers and divorcees (with or without encumbrances) below 25 years of age are also not eligible. A candidate who marries subsequent to the date of his application though successful at SSB or medical will not be eligible for training. A candidate who marries during the period of training shall be discharged and will be liable to refund all expenditure incurred on him by the Government. Married candidates above 25 years of age are eligible to apply but during training period they will neither be provided married accommodation nor can they live out with family.
- The AFCAT exam is the first stage of the selection procedure. After clearing the exam, the candidates can opt the date and selection centres as per their choice on the portal at careerairforce.
- The screening test is the first stage of the interview, which consists of verbal, nonverbal tests and a PPDT test. The selected candidates will stay at the centres for further selection tests and those who could not qualify it, would be set free on the same day.
- The next stage consists of a personal interview, Psychology and GTO tests, PABT (for flying only), on the last day conference will be conducted after which, the final result is announced. The selected candidates are sent for medical examination.
AFCAT Online Exam Pattern
AFCAT Question Paper Sections, Questions Marks and Time
|General Awareness||25||75||2 hours|
|Verbal Ability in English||25||75|
|Reasoning and Military Aptitude Test||32||96|
- AFCAT 1 2019 online application will be published on 01 Dec 2018
- AFCAT 1 2019 online exam will be conducted in 16 and 17 Feb 2019
Conclusion – The candidates have significant time to prepare and compete for AFCAT 1 2019. Those who are appearing in their graduation course as mentioned above in the educational qualification criteria can target the exam. The exam comes with the moderate difficulty level and a strategically approach can bring marks over the cut-off.
Click to read AFCAT 1 2019 Notification
Best SSB Book –> Let’s Crack SSB Interview
Best AFCAT Book –> Let’s Crack AFCAT
Best EKT Book -> Let’s Crack EKT
Best CDS Book –> Let’s Crack CDS
Best NDA Book -> Let’s Crack NDA
To crack SSB and AFSB Interview get “Let’s Crack SSB Interview” Book from Flipkart. Trusted by thousands of defence aspirants
Also Download Helpful eBooks: