Here we are talking about the different types of questions comes in intelligence test verbal ability. A few common types of intelligence tests, generally used by the Selection Boards, are illustrated here under:
Type of Question in Verbal Ability:
- Completion of Series: In this type, a series is given in which a word, letter, a figure or digit is missing somewhere in between or at the end and the candidate is required to insert it.
- Example 1: Find the missing, 3,7,11,15,__,__ Ans: ( write it in the comment box)
- Example 1: Q1 Bird is to fly as man is to _______ Ans: (write it in the comment box)
- Example 2: Q2 Watch is to wrist as ring is to ______ Ans: (write it in the comment box)
- Example 1: Write the number of the two word which have the relationship as tailor and clothes. (1) Cobbler (2) Doctor (3) Medicine (4) Shoes Ans: (write it in the comment box)
- Example 1: Which choice mentions the last letter of the word rearranged from the following jumbled spelling: Q: COYEKH is an outdoor game. Options: Q,X,Y,H.
- Example 1: If HKTG means Fire, what does YCVGT mean ?
- Example 2: If 3=0, 4=4, 5=10, 6=18 then 7=?
- Example 1: Delhi is famous because (a) It is very neat city (b) It is the capital of India (c) The President and PM live in it.
- Example 1: Write the number of object which is different from the other objects in the following collection: (a) Teacher, (b) Professor, (c) Student, (d) Head Master, (e) Principal.
- Example 1: Write the number of the pair, the words which do not have the same type of meaning as the others. (a) Agony and Pain, (b) Danger and Risk, (c) Freedom and Bondage, (4) Integrity and Honesty.
- Example 1: Write the number if the pair, the words of which have a relationship different from the other pairs. (a) Compulsory, Voluntary, (b) Help, Obstruction, (c) Excess, Surplus, (4) Food, Famine.
- Example 1: If you start from point A and walk 4 miles towards the east, then turn left and walk 3 miles towards the north, turn left again and walk 2 miles, which choice mentions the direction in which you are going? (a) North, (b) East, (c) South, (d) West.
- Example 1: 3 years ago, Lakshmi was 5 years older than Sita. What is the difference between their ages today?
- Example 1: If fifth of the month falls two days after Monday, what day of the week will precede the 19th of the month.
- Example 1: X and Y are children of Z. Z is the father of X but Y is not the son of Z. What is Y to Z?
- Example 1: Rearrange the following jumbled words to form sensible sentences. (a) All animals are animals but all cats are not cats.
- Example 1: If 1/2 when added to 1/4 makes 3/4. Write "wrong" unless 3/4 when divide by 1/4 makes 1/3 in which case write 'right'
- Example 1: 24_5_4=9 .
- Example 1: Think of a single letter which when prefixed to the following words forms new words: READ, RISK, OWL, RING, RIGHT.
- Example 1: Rupees - Paisa
- x 7
6*57 - *4
After checking out these questions, you may think that verbal ability test in SSB interview is very easy, Yes its very easy indeed, all you need to do is time management. You may get 15 mins to complete 55- 60 questions.
You can post the answers of verbal sample questions mentioned above in the comment box below.