AFCAT 2 2017 is a crucial exam for many Air Force aspirants. The Exam will be scheduled in August 2017 and candidates have sufficient time to prepare for it. Those who can’t apply for the AFCAT 1 2017, can target the upcoming AFCAT exam. The candidates focusing on AFCAT 2 2017the important details about the exams.
- Release of Notification – 3rd June 2017
- Starting of Registration for the Exam – 3rd June 2017
- End of the Registration Process – 29th June 2017
- Exam Date – 27 August 2017
- Result Announcement – September 2017
Posts – AFCAT opens the gates for the aspirants to join the organisation through Flying, Ground Duty and Technical Branches. Candidates have to check their eligibility for the posts on the basis of the educational qualification and age range.
Educational Qualification – The educational qualification is different for the different posts.
Flying – The candidates must have degree in any discipline with minimum 60% marks having Maths and Physics in 10+2 or have completed B.tech/B.E. from any recognised university with minimum 60% marks.
Technical – The candidates must have Four year degree qualification and have cleared Sections A and B examination of Associate Membership of Institution of Engineers (India) or Aeronautical Society of India with minimum 60% marks.
Ground Duty – the education qualification for different posts of ground duty are as follows.
- For Accounts branch, the candidates must have passed B.Com with minimum 60% marks
- For Education posts, the candidates must have passed MBA / MCA or MA / M Sc degree in English / Physics / Mathematics / Chemistry / Statistics / International relations / International studies / Defence studies / Psychology / Computer Science / IT / Management / Mass Communication / Journalism / Public Relation with minimum of 50% marks and have scored minimum 60% marks in graduation.
- For Administration and Logistics, the candidates must have passed any degree with minimum 60% marks or have cleared section A & B examination of Associate Membership of Institution of Engineers (India) or Aeronautical Society of India with a min of 60% marks.
Final year student can also apply for the exam given that they must have scored minimum 60% marks in previous years and should not have any backlogs. Recommended candidates are required to produce their provisional or degree certificate to the authorities before commencement of the training.
Age – The age range for flying is different than the age range for Technical ground duty.
- Flying – The age range for flying branch is 20-24 years.
- Technical – The age of candidate must fall between 20-26 years for this post
- Ground duty – The candidates must have his age in between 20-26 years for this post.
Exam Pattern and Selection Procedure – The exam has a common test for all posts that consist of 100 questions for which 2 hours are given. An additional EKT exam is framed for the technical candidates. The candidates qualified will be given the chance to choose their SSB dates and centres as per their ease. The candidates will be examined at SSB centres and the recommended candidates will be sent further for the medical examination and documentation.