The AFCAT 2 2018 will be the second opportunity served by the IAF to all the Air force aspirants. To get the maximum deserving candidates for the entries, the Airforce authorities have planned a selection eligibility criteria, which is different for the entries of the exam. The qualifying exam will be same for all the aspirants except the candidates, who had applied for the technical entry. They will have to clear an EKT test apart from the qualifying exam. The highlights of the AFCAT 2 2108 are:-
AFCAT 2 2018 Important Dates
AFCAT 2 2018 Important Dates and Details
|AFCAT 2 2018 Online Apply Date||16th June 2018|
|AFCAT 2 2018 Last Date||15th July 2018|
|AFCAT 2 2018 Admit Card Date||1st Week of Aug 2018|
|AFCAT 2 2018 Exam Date||18th and 19th Aug 2018|
|AFCAT 2 2018 Result Date||Last week of Sep 2018|
|AFCAT 2 2018 AFSB Interview Date||From Oct 2018 onward|
|AFCAT 2 2018 Merit List Date||June 2019|
Branch And Course Number
- Flying – (206/19F/SSC/M & W)
- Ground Duty Technical – 205/19T/PC/ M and 205/19T/ SSC/M & W
- Ground Duty Non-Technical – 205/19G/ PC/M and 205/19G/ SSC/M & W
Disclaimer: The vacancies indicated are tentative and subject to changew ithout notice. Actual intake would depend on organisational requirements, various cadre control mechanisms, availability of training slots and actual number of vacancies accruing in July 2019. No representation in this regard will be entertained.
Type of Commission
- PC for Male. Candidates joining as PC officers would continue to serve till the age of superannuation as per their branch and rank.
- SSC for Male & Women.
- The engagement period for Flying Branch SSC officers is fourteen years from the date of Commissioning (Non extendable).
- The initial tenure for SSC officers in Ground Duty (Tech and Non-Tech) branches would be for a period of ten years. An extension of four years may be granted subject to service requirements, availability of vacancies, willingness, suitability and merit.
- Nationality: Candidate must be a citizen of India.
- Flying Branch through AFCAT and NCC Special Entry. 20 to 24 years as on 01 July 2019 i.e., born between 02 July 1995 to 01 July 1999 (both dates inclusive). Upper age limit for candidates holding valid and current Commercial Pilot License issued by DGCA (India) is relaxable upto 26 years i.e. born between 02 July 1993 to 01 July 1999 (both dates inclusive).
- Ground Duty (Technical & Non-Technical) Branch. 20 to 26 years as on 01 July 2019 i.e., born between 02 July 1993 to 01 July 1999 (both dates inclusive).
- Marital Status: Candidates below 25 years of age must be unmarried at the time of commencement of course. Widows/Widowers and divorcees (with or without encumbrances) below 25 years of age are also not eligible. Marriage is not permitted during training. Married candidates above 25 years of age are eligible to apply but during training period they will neither be provided married accommodation nor can they live out with family.
- The date of birth accepted by the IAF is that entered in the Matriculation or Secondary School Leaving Certificate or in a certificate recognised by an Indian University as equivalent to Matriculation or in an extract from a Register of Matriculates maintained by a University, which extract must be certified by the proper authority of the University or in the Higher Secondary or an equivalent examination certificate. No other document relating to age like horoscopes, affidavits, birth extracts from Municipal Corporation, service records and likewise will be accepted.
- Sometimes the Matriculation/Higher Secondary Examination Certificate does not show the date of birth, or only shows the age by completed years or completed years and months. In such cases a candidate must possess a self-attested/certified copy of a certificate from the Headmaster/Principal of the Institution from where he/she passed the Matriculation/Higher Secondary Examination showing the date of his/her birth or exact age as recorded in the Admission Register of the Institution.
- Candidates should note that only the Date of Birth as recorded in the Matriculation/Higher Secondary Examination Certificate or an equivalent certificate on the date of submission of applications will be accepted by the IAF and no subsequent request for its change will be considered or granted.
- The candidates should exercise due care while entering their date of birth. If on verification at any subsequent stage, variation is found in their date of birth from the one entered in their Matriculation or equivalent examination certificate, will render them disqualified.
- Educational Qualifications
- Flying Branch: Candidates should have mandatorily passed with a minimum of 60% marks each in Maths and Physics at 10+2 level and Graduation with minimum three years degree course in any discipline from a recognized University with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent. OR BE/B Tech degree (Four years course) from a recognised University with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent OR Candidates who have cleared Section A & B examination of Associate Membership of Institution of Engineers (India) or Aeronautical Society of India from a recognised University with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent.
- Ground Duty (Technical) Branch: Candidates with a minimum of 60% marks each in Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level and a minimum of four years degree graduation/integrated post-graduation qualification in Engineering/ Technology from recognized University OR cleared Sections A and B examination of Associate Membership of Institution of Engineers (India) or Aeronautical Society of India or Graduate membership examination of the Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers by actual studies with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent in the disciplines mentioned in the notification attached below.
- GroundDuty (Non-Technical) Branches:
- Administration & Logistics. Graduate Degree (Minimum three years degree course) in any discipline from a recognised university with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent or cleared section A & B examination of Associate Membership of Institution of Engineers (India) or Aeronautical Society of India from a recognised university with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent.
- Accounts. B Com Degree (Minimum three years degree course) from a recognised university with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent.
- Education. MBA/MCA or MA/MSc degree in English/ Physics/ Mathematics/ Chemistry/ Statistics/ International relations/ International Studies/ Defence Studies/ Psychology/ Computer Science/ IT/ Management/ Mass Communication/ Journalism/ Public Relation with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate of all papers put together in Post-Graduation (Minimum two years programme) and 60% marks in graduation, (both recognized by UGC/ Competent Accreditation Authority). For integrated courses (single degree without permission to exit and lateral entry), the minimum duration must be as per prevailing UGC guidelines with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate of all papers put together.
- NCC Special Entry (Flying Branch): NCC Air Wing Senior Division ‘C’ certificate acquired on or after 02 Jun 16 is mandatory. Candidates should have mandatorily passed with a minimum of 60% marks each in Maths and Physics at 10+2. Graduates with minimum three years degree course in any discipline from a recognized University with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent. OR BE/B Tech degree (Four years course) from a recognised University with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent OR Candidates who have cleared Section A & B examination of Associate Membership of Institution of Engineers (India) or Aeronautical Society of India from a recognised University with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent.
- Meteorology: Post Graduate Degree in any Science stream/ Mathematics/Statistics/Geography/Computer Applications/Environmental Science/Applied Physics/
Oceanography/Meteorology/Agricultural Meteorology/Ecology & Environment /Geophysics/Environmental Biology with minimum of 50% marks in
aggregate of all papers put together (Provided Maths and Physics were studied at Graduation Level with a minimum of 55% marks in each).
– The AFCAT exam is the first stage of the selection procedure. After clearing the exam, the candidates can opt the date and selection centres as per their choice on the portal at careerairforce.
– The screening test is the first stage of the interview, which consists of verbal, nonverbal tests and a PPDT test. The selected candidates will stay at the centres for further selection tests and those who could not qualify it, would be set free on the same day.
– The next stage consists of a personal interview, Psychology and GTO tests, PABT (for flying only), on the last day conference will be conducted after which, the final result is announced. The selected candidates are sent for medical examination.
AFCAT 2 2018 Important Dates
The process of form submission will remain open in the month of 16 June 2018
The process of form submission will close in the month of 15 July 2018
The exam will be scheduled on the last Sunday of August i.e. 18 Aug 2018 and 19 Aug 2018
Conclusion – The candidates have significant time to prepare and compete for AFCAT 2 2018. Those who are appearing in their graduation course as mentioned above in the educational qualification criteria can target the exam. The exam comes with the moderate difficulty level and a strategically approach can bring marks over the cut-off.
Best SSB Book –> Let’s Crack SSB Interview
Best AFCAT Book –> Let’s Crack AFCAT
Best EKT Book -> Let’s Crack EKT
Best CDS Book –> Let’s Crack CDS
Best NDA Book -> Let’s Crack NDA
To crack SSB and AFSB Interview get “Let’s Crack SSB Interview” Book from Flipkart. Trusted by thousands of defence aspirants
Also Download Helpful eBooks: