With so many things coming for personality development and other related articles aspirants have been writing me to get back to basics. I had been writing a lot about how to start preparation for SSB and also about the basic cycle that should be followed by the aspirants for sure shot success. The way of how to start preparation has been given in my previous cycle. Try to follow it for maximum utilisation of time, else the things might not be utilised properly. In this article I would like to suggest the basics of how to clear the very first day. Let me make very clear to the beginner’s that only those who clear day 1 of screening test are allowed to stay for the rest of four days at the centre and they can only give the rest of the rounds. Rest aspirants are asked to return on the day itself from the SSB centre.
Screening test consists of basic testing of aptitude followed by PPDT. Aptitude has been covered by me in separate articles, so let’s focus now on the PPDT, which is picture perception and discussion test in which a hazy picture is shown and the aspirants need to write a story based on the observation. Once the story is written people are divided into sub groups, so that the GD can happen where it is expected to deliver a common story. The main part which helps in selection in screening test is the way the story is written which needs a positive perception and the individual narration. Also the GD should be good. So let me give some mantra of success to write a good story:
How To Clear Screening Test In SSB Interview
- Story should be related to your personality rather than something which you copied from some source or some book. Everything at SSB should be personality specific. So remember a story can help one person to get recommended while if followed by someone who has different personality can lead to screen out as result. So write what suits you.
- Also the story should have all the basic elements which are expected by the examiners there which they actually narrate while starting the exam. Pay attention to all the instructions and mark things accordingly in the answer sheet.
- Once the story is well written the key to success lies in the individual narration also, so it should be time bound and flawlessly spoken.
- Stories written should perfectly reveal your qualities also so that the assessors know that you are an officer material and can select you.
- Action of the story and marking the replica in the box given looks like small things but are equally important so follow the rules while writing and marking.
- Don’t go at SSB just like this, prepare, introspect, visualize, change yourself as per need and then go to SSB with full preparation. Though it is said that you have to be yourself but the real exercise is to start early n realise what you actually are beforehand for sure shot success.
You might like;
- Screening Test Day 1 of SSB Interview
- Beating Nervousness in Screening Test
- Golden Tips for SSB Interview Screening Test
- 10 Reasons Of Getting Screen Out In SSB
- Golden Tips for Screening Day in SSB
- How To Pass Screening Test In SSB [PPDT]
- How to Clear Day 1 Screening Test in SSB Interview
- 10 Tips to Perform Well in Screening
Body language and how to perform in a GD in such an exercise is very important and I would deal it in a separate article. Still If you have any confusion or feel to take individual assessment of personality for OLQ’s or prepare from your place itself through one to one interaction through my mentoring / counselling program drop me a mail at email@example.com or add me on Fb and drop in a message. Though I keep on saying that SSB is the easiest exam but it can only become easy if your preparation’s are appropriate and the efforts are done in the right direction.
Hello friends. I was shortlisted for ssc tech45. .i didnt get mail from ssb yet, but the joining dates were given in the website..what should i do to get mail from ssb stating particulars to be brought along to the ssb centre.???