With 8 years of governance done the Modi government seems to be on track with its poll promises. Most of the recent surveys suggest that the people are happy wth the initiative towards progress. Though the output is yet to be seen, the progress looks promising. We take a look at some of the important schemes that every aspirant must know which are important for SSB :
|Government Schemes||Launch Date|
|Startup India Seed Fund Scheme (SISFS)||April 1, 2021|
|Ayushman Sahakar Scheme||October 19, 2020|
|Pradhan Mantri Annadata Aay SanraksHan Abhiyan (PM AASHA)||September 2018|
|SATAT Scheme (Sustainable Alternative Towards Affordable Transportation)||October 2018|
|Mission Sagar||May 2020|
|NIRVIK Scheme (Niryat Rin Vikas Yojana)||February 1, 2020|
|SVAMITVA Scheme (Survey of Villages and Mapping with Improvised Technology in Village Areas)||April 24, 2020|
|National Technical Textiles Mission (NTTM)||February 26, 2020|
|Mission COVID Suraksha||November 29, 2020|
|DHRUV – PM Innovative Learning Programme||October 10, 2019|
|SERB-POWER Scheme (Promoting Opportunities for Women in Exploratory Research)||October 29, 2020|
|One Nation One Ration Card Scheme (ONORCS)||—|
|Prime Minister Street Vendor’s AtmaNirbhar Nidhi (PM SVANidhi)||June 1, 2020|
|Mission Karmayogi||September 2, 2020|
|Sahakar Mitra Scheme||June 12, 2020|
|Pradhan Mantri Vaya Vandana Yojana||May 4, 2017|
50+ Important Schemes By Modi Government That You Must Know
- Atmanirbhar Bharat Abhiyan
- Mission Karmayogi
- Pradhan Mantri SVANidhi Scheme
- Samarth Scheme
- Savya Shiksha Abhiyaan
- Rashtriya Gokul Mission
- Production Linked Incentive (PLI) Scheme
- PM FME – Formalization of Micro Food Processing Enterprises Scheme
- Kapila Kalam Program
- Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana
- National Digital Health Mission
- Solar Charkha Mission
- SVAMITVA Scheme
- Samarth Scheme
- Sahakar Pragya Initiative
- Integrated Processing Development Scheme
- Housing for All Scheme
- Sovereign Gold Bond Scheme
- Fame India Scheme
- KUSUM Scheme
- Nai Roshni Scheme
- Swadesh Darshan Scheme
- National Water Mission
- National Nutrition Mission
- Operation Greens Scheme
- Deep Ocean Mission
- PM-KISAN (Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi) Scheme
- Pradhan Mantri Kisan Maan Dhan Yojana
- PM Garib Kalyan Yojana (PMGKY)
- Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Maan-Dhan
- New Jal Shakti Ministry
- Jan Dhan Yojana
- Skill India Mission
- Make in India
- Swachh Bharat Mission
- Sansad Adarsh Gram Yojana
- Sukanya Samriddhi Scheme – Beti Bachao Beti Padhao
- HRIDAY Scheme
- PM Mudra Yojna
- Ujala Yojna
- Atal Pension Yojana
- Prime Minister Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana
- Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana
- AMRUT Plan
- Digital India Mission
- Gold Monetization Scheme
- Start-up India
- Setu Bhartam Yojana
- Stand Up India
- Prime Minister Ujjwala Plan
- National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG)
- Atal Bhujal Yojana (ABY)
- Prime Minister’s Citizen Assistance and Relief in Emergency Situation (PM CARES)
- Aarogya Setu
- Ayushman Bharat
- UMANG – Unified Mobile Application for New-age Governance
- PRASAD Scheme – Pilgrimage Rejuvenation And Spirituality Augmentation Drive
- Saansad Adarsh Gram Yojana (SAGY)
- Shramev Jayate Yojana
- Smart Cities Mission
- Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana (PMGSY)
- Mission for Integrated Development of Horticulture (MIDH)
- National Beekeeping & Honey Mission (NBHM)
- Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana (DDU-GKY)
- Remission of Duties and Taxes on Exported Products (RoDTEP) Scheme
- Unique Land Parcel Identification Number (ULPIN) Scheme
- UDID Project
- eSanjeevani Programme (Online OPD)
- Pradhan Mantri Swasthya Suraksha Yojana
- YUVA Scheme for Young Authors
- Ethanol Blended Petrol (EBP) Programme
- Scheme for Adolescent Girls (SAG)
|Government Schemes in India|
|Scheme||Full-Form||Date of Launch||Government Ministry|
|PMJDY||Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana||August 28, 2014||Ministry of Finance|
|PMSSY||Pradhan Mantri Swasthya Suraksha Yojana||January 22, 2015||Ministry of Health & Family Welfare|
|PMMY||Pradhan Mantri Mudra Yojana||April 8, 2015||Ministry of Finance|
|PMJJBY||Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana||May 9 2015||Ministry of Finance|
|PMSBY||Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana||May 9, 2015||Ministry of Finance|
|APY||Atal Pension Yojana||May 9, 2015||Ministry of Finance|
|KVP||Kisan Vikas Patra||2014||Ministry of Finance|
|GMS||Gold Monetisation Scheme||November 4 2015||Ministry of Finance|
|PMFBY||Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana||February 18, 2016||Ministry of Agriculture|
|PMGKY||Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchai Yojana||July 1, 2015||Ministry of Agriculture|
|DDUGJY||Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana||July 25, 2015||Ministry of Power|
|RGM||Rashtriya Gokul Mission||December 16, 2014||Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare|
|DI||Digital India||July 1, 2015||Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology|
|SI||Skill India||July 15, 2015||Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurs|
|(PMKVY)||Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana||2015||Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurs|
Important Schemes launched in India related to Employment and Poverty Alleviation
|Government Schemes in India|
|Scheme||Full-form||Date of Launch||Government Ministry|
|MI||Make in India||September 25, 2014||Ministry of Commerce and Industry|
|Startup India||Startup India, Standup India||January 16, 2016||Government of India|
|PMGKY||Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana (PMGKY)||December 16, 2016||Ministry of Finance|
Important Schemes launched in India related to Health and Sanitation
|Government Schemes in India|
|Full-Form||Name of Scheme||Date of Launch||Government Ministry|
|Swachh Bharat Abhiyan||SBA||October 2nd, 2014||Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs|
|Namami Gange||NG||June, 2014||Ministry of Water Resources|
|National Bal Swachhta||NBS||November 14, 2014||Ministry of Women and Child Development|
|Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Janaushadhi Pariyojana’ (PMBJP)||(PMJAY)||September 2015||Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers|
|National Digital Health Mission||NDHM||August 15, 2020||Ministry of Health and Family Welfare|
Other Government Schemes launched by the Government of India:
|List of Social Security Schemes in India 2022|
|Scheme||Full-Form||Date of Launch||Government Ministry/ Department|
|BBBPY||Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao Yojana||January 22, 2015||Ministry of Women and Child Development|
|PDUSJY||Pandit Deendayal Upadhyay Shramev Jayate Yojana||October 16, 2014||Ministry of Labour and Employment|
|NSTSS||National Sports Talent Search Scheme||February 20, 2015||Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports|
|PM SVANidhi||Prime Minister Street Vendor’s Atmanirbhar Nidhi||June 1, 2020||Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs|
|PM FME||Pradhan Mantri Formalization of Micro Food Processing Enterprises Scheme||June 29, 2020||Ministry of Food Processing Industries|
|PMMSY||Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana||September 10, 2020||Department of Fisheries|
|SWAMITVA||Survey of Villages and Mapping with Improvised Technology in Village Areas||April 24, 2020||Ministry of Panchayati Raj|
|PM-KUSUM||Pradhan Mantri Kisan Urja Suraksha evam Utthaan Mahabhiyan||February 19, 2019 (Approval Date)||Ministry of New and Renewable Energy|
1. PRADHAN MANTRI JAN DHAN YOJANA:
Launched on 28th August 2014
The Objective of “Pradhan Mantri Jan-Dhan Yojana (PMJDY)” is ensuring access to various financial services like availability of basic savings bank account, access to need-based credit, remittances facility, insurance and pension to the excluded sections i.e. weaker sections & low-income groups.
Benefits of schemes are
1. Interest on deposit.
2. Accidental insurance cover of Rs.1Lakh
3. No minimum balance required
4. Life insurance cover of Rs.30,000
5. Overdraft facility after 6 months.
6. Access to Pension, insurance products.
7. RuPay Debit Card.
8. Overdraft facility up to Rs.5000/- is available in only one account per household.
2. MUDRA BANK YOJANA : (Micro Unit Development and Refinance Agency Bank)
Launched on 8th April 2015.
MUDRA will provide credit up to Rs.10 lakh to small entrepreneurs & act as a regulator of Microfinance institutions. The Objective of the scheme is to encourage entrepreneurs and small business units to expand their capabilities and to reduce indebtedness.
Schemes offered by MUDRA bank are:
- Shishu-the starters-covers loan up to Rs.50,000
- Kishor-the mid-stage finance seekers-covers loan above Rs.50,000 and up to Rs.5,00,000.
- Tarun-growth seekers- covers loan above Rs.5,00,000 and up to Rs. 10,00,000
3. PRADHAN MANTRI JEEVA JYOTI BIMA YOJANA:
Launched on 9th May 2015.
It is government backed life insurance scheme. It is open all sects of Indian civilians
Age limit: 18 to 50 years of age.
Annual premium- Rs.330 per year for life cover of Rs.2,00,000.
4. PRADHAN MANTRI SURAKSHA BIMA YOJANA:
Launched on 9th May 2015.
The government scheme is accident insurance coverage and is affordable for all sects of people.
Age limit: 18-70 years
Annual premium: Rs.12 per year.
Coverage: accidental death and full disability of Rs.2,00,00 and Rs.1,00,000 for partial disability.
5. ATAL PENSION SCHEME:
Launched on 9th may 2015
The Atal pension scheme is targeted at unorganised sector workers.Depending upon the contribution, the beneficiary will get guaranteed pension of Rs.1000 to Rs.5000 per month.Govt will contribute 50% of total contribution or Rs.1000 whichever is lower.
Age limit: 18-40 years
The pension will start at the age of 60 years.
6. PRADHAN MANTRI SANSAD ADARSH GRAM YOJANA:
Launched on 11th October 2014
Under this scheme, MPs will be responsible for developing the socio-economic and physical infrastructure of three villages each by 2019. A total of eight villages by 2024.The first Adarsh gram must be developed by 2016 and more by 2019. Total of 6433 Adarsh Grams of 265000 gram Panchayat will be created by 2024.
7. Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana:
DDUGJY is a Government of India scheme aimed to provide continuous power supply to rural India. It is one of the key initiatives of Modi Government and it aims to supply 24×7 uninterrupted power supplies to all homes. The government plans to invest Rs 75,600 crore for rural electrification under this scheme. The scheme will replace the existing Rajiv Gandhi Grameen Vidyutikaran Yojana.
SPECIAL MENTION : Download GARV APP from play store and get real time update relating to this initiative.
The Special Industry Initiative J&K ‘Udaan’ Scheme is to provide skills and enhance the employability of 40,000 youth over a period of five years in key high growth sectors. The scheme is being implemented by the National Skill Development Council (NSDC) and the corporate sector in PPP mode.
Udaan also aims to provide a platform that empowers girl students and provides them with better learning opportunities. The human resource development (HRD) ministry programme is designed to provide a comprehensive platform to deserving girl students aspiring to pursue higher education in engineering and assist them in preparing for the IIT-JEE while studying in Classes 11 and 12.
9. DIGITAL INDIA:
The Government of India has launched the Digital India programme with the vision to transform India into a digitally empowered society and knowledge economy.
Launched on 1st July 2015.
Digital India is keyed on three key areas –
1. Digital Infrastructure as a Utility to Every Citizen
2. Governance & Services on Demand
3. Digital Empowerment of Citizens
Pillars of Digital India –
1. Broadband Highways
2. Universal Access to Phones
3. Public Internet Access Programme
4. e-Governance – Reforming government through Technology
5. e-Kranti – Electronic delivery of services
6. Electronics Manufacturing – Target NET ZERO Imports
7. IT for Jobs
8. Early Harvest Programmes
10. SKILL INDIA:
Launched by PM Narendra Modi on 15th July 2015.
Skill India focuses on creating jobs for youth, the govt has decided to revamp the antiquated industrial training centres that will skill over 20 lakh youth annually and create 500 million jobs by 2020. The initiative was launched on the occasion of world youth skills day. Samsung recently signed a major deal in providing hands-on training to youths for employment and improving the skills at the same time.
11. MAKE IN INDIA:
Launched on 25th September 2014.
The main Objective of Make in India initiative is :
- To promote India a manufacturing hub.
- Economic transformation in India
- To eliminate unnecessary law and regulation.
25 sectors have been included in Make in India scheme. Some of the sectors are automobiles, chemicals,IT, pharmaceuticals, textiles, leather, tourism and hospitality, design manufacturing, renewable energy,mining and electronics.
12. SWACHH BHARAT:
Launched on 2nd October 2014.
Swachh Bharat Abhiyan is a national campaign by the government of India aims to accomplish the vision of
clean India by 2nd October 2019. A performance ranking on Swachh Bharat Abhiyan of 476 cities in the country, based on the extent of open defecation and solid waste management practices, released by the Ministry of Urban Development recently.
Top 10 cities are: Mysore, Tiruchirapalli, Navi Mumbai, Kochi, Hassan, Mandhya, Bengaluru, Thiruvananthapuram, Halisahar, Gangtok.
To crack SSB interview, recommend you to get “Let’s Crack SSB Interview” book from Amazon.
Modi Government Schemes in 2018
1. Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana
2. Pradhan Mantri MUDRA Yojana (PMMY)
3. Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana (PMJJBY)
4. Atal pension Yojana (APY)
5. Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY)
6. Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana (PMFBY)
7. Make in India
8. Swachh Bharat Abhiyan
9. Soil Health Card Scheme
10. Digital India
11. Skill India Program
12. Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao Yojana
13. Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana (DDUGJY)
14. Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation (AMRUT)
15. One Rank One Pension Scheme
16. Smart City Mission
17. Gold Monetization Scheme
18. Startup India, Standup India
20. Shyam Prasad Mukherjee Rurban Mission
21. UJWAL Discom Assurance Yojana
22. PAHAL-Direct Benefits Transfer for LPG (DBTL) Consumers Scheme
23. Namami Gange Project
24. Pradhan Mantri Surakshit Sadak Yojana
25. National Heritage City Development and Augmentation Yojana (HRIDAY)
26. Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana-Gramin (PMAY-G)
27. Pradhan Mantri Yuva Yojana (PMYY)
28. Pradhan Mantri Zero Deficit Zero Effect Scheme
29. Mission Bhagirathi- Providing safe drinking Water to All
30. Pradhan Mantri Jan Aushadhi Yojana (PMJAY)
31. Pradhan Mantri Khanij Kshetra Kalyan Yojana (PMKKKY)
32. BHIM (Bharat Interface for money) App
33. 7th Pay Commission
34. Setu Bharatam project
35. Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana (PMSBY)
36. UDAN scheme
37. Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana (DDUGKY)
38. Pradhan Mantri Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana (PMSSY)
39. Sagarmala project
40. Sansad Adarsh Gram Yojana (SAGY)
41. Pradhan Mantri Surakshit Matritva Abhiyan
42. Pradhan Mantri Rojgar Protsahan Yojana
43. Midday Meal Scheme
44. Pradhan Mantri Vaya Vandana Yojana (PMVVY)
45. Pradhan Mantri Matritva Vandana Yojana
46. Goods and Services Tax Bill
47. Ayushman Bharat Yojana