There is always the dilemma among the aspirants as to why they get rejected during the first stage of screening. I have dealt that separately in the article. Those who qualify stay there for our more days to show their potential of being the officers. They are assessed for OLQ’s through three rounds i.e. Psychology, GTO and PI. Major rejection happens at this stage also and the people who qualify during the conference round in ssb get recommended. Everyone looks for this stage and getting recommended but the aspirants still have the dilemma of why they were rejected when they performed well. Let me tell you that assessors are well qualified to select people with OLQ’s and they would not mistake. People who got conference out have been writing the following myths to me:
- I spoke in good English while others did not. I was rejected while others were selected.
- My conference went long and it took a lot of time for me to call before conference still I was rejected.
- People speaking in Hindi and English were selected.
- I completed everything in psych and impressed the interviewer still I was rejected… and many more
You will hear people saying this, but believe me there is nothing wrong in getting rejected. People see the flaws while they miss on what went wrong and the right reasons of rejection. If you are rejected during conference the following can one of the reasons:
- Misinterpretation of personality because of misguidance because of which the right personality might not have evolved.
- There could be a mismatch in the thinking of the three assessors and you might be rejected. All the three assessors should recommend a persona for being recommended by the board.
- Could not be able to reveal the required degree and number of officer of qualities which are essentially needed for selection.
How it could be improved and what should be done is again really very important. There is a specific process of working and improving, and then only effective preparation and performance could be there. It’s a detailed approach that goes in for preparation of SSB. AS we all know that SSB is all about psychology and personality. So preparation should be done accordingly without worrying about the myths as they can really hamper your results. I would cover the preparation methodology in the second part of this series. Still If you have any confusion or feel to take individual assessment of personality for olq’s or prepare from your place itself through one to one interaction through my mentoring / counselling program drop me a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or add me on Fb and drop in a message. It would be a pleasure to help and resolve. Don’t feel dejected and loose hope of leaving your dream unturned. Everything can be achieved in life and nothing is impossible in this world. Dedicated efforts in right direction will definitely lead to success. So keep reading.