Warm regards to all the fervid readers of our website. To solve any kind of problem in life, we need to first know the causes of that problem. The same thing goes with the SSB interview. Unless we know the causes of our debacle, we won’t be able to rectify them. In this article, we are going to enlist 10 common reasons why candidates get conferenced out at SSB.
Many candidates take the conference lightly and hamper their chances, many candidates who have just made it might lose it during their conference round, let’s discuss how one can improve their performance during ssb interview conference.
Top 10 Reasons You Are Getting Conferenced Out
- SELF-CENTRED ATTITUDE DURING GROUP TASKS: – I simply do not understand why candidates try to project themselves as very extraordinary chap during group tasks. You don’t have to stand out in the group rather you are required to work as a very normal and determined team member.
- LACK OF ZEAL TO PERFORM: – If you just perfunctorily finish all the tasks of the SSB interview, the results too would be demoralizing. Your enthusiasm, confidence, and courage should be visible in your body language. You are there to steal the thunder, and grab a place in the armed forces.
- NEGATIVE ATTITUDE: – Being too much apprehensive, and judgmental about the things at the SSB. When you want to complain, the points are plenty but these things will only lead you to oblivion.
- POOR QUALITY RESPONSES/PRE-LEARNT IDEAS AT PSYCH TESTS: – You need to understand that one size doesn’t fit all. Similarly, one good response cannot fit the personality of all the candidates. Also, the quality of the responses must take precedence over the quantity.
- NOT CONSTRUING THE TESTING APPROACH: – The three-pronged approach ensures that the candidate is thoroughly scrutinized. One aspect of your personality is being checked in three different ways. Unless you develop the personality required, you will not see propitious results.
- OVER CONFIDENCE: – No doubt you might be a national-level sports champion or an outstanding public speaker but this doesn’t mean that you do not need any extra preparation for the SSB interview. Many candidates falter only due to their overconfidence.
- POOR QUALITY OF EXPRESSION: – You ought to be really open about yourself in the SSB interview. Unless you write your responses unabashedly unless you open up with the Interviewing Officer/GTO how would you be able to convince them to recommend you?
- POOR GENERAL KNOWLEDGE/AWARENESS: – Giving excuses will not solve the problem. An officer in the armed forces is ought to know what is happening in and around his country.
- LETTING NERVOUSNESS TAKE CONTROL: – No doubt this is the watershed moment you were waiting for but it is important to not let your heartbeat, that droplet of sweat thwart your performance. Adequate preparation is the best way to get rid of anxiety and pressure.
- HAVING INAPPROPRIATE BODY LANGUAGE: – The way you carry yourself, speak, walk, and every single mannerism and gesture says a lot about you. The assessors are very astute to catch these minute details of your personality. I suggest candidates who just want to give SSB for the sake of it to avoid squandering their precious time and money on it.
This was all about common reasons for getting conferenced out at the SSB. I hope you all have enjoyed this article. Your suggestions and views are important to us. Keep Preparing Hard. JAI HIND!!!