- Rio Summer Olympics 2016 – Rio summer Olympics is scheduled to take place in 5-21st August, 2016 in Rio de Janerio, Brazil. 207 nations will take part in it and there will be 308 events in 28 sports in this Olympics, with more than 10,000 participants expected to participate.
- Malaysian Master GP – Malaysia’s Lee Chong Wei won the Men’s Title and India’s P.V. Sindhu won the Women’s Title in Malaysian Master Grand Prix. India’s Srikanth Kidambi was the semi-finalist for the Men’s Singles Title.
- Vijay Hazare Trophy – Gujarat won Vijay Hazare trophy defeating Delhi by 139 runs. The trophy is related to cricket and is also known as Ranji One Day Trophy. It is named after famous Indian cricketer Vijay Hazare. Till now, Tamil Nadu has emerged as most successful (4 titles).
- Chennaiyans FC Grabbed Indian Super League – The Indian super league was won by Chennaiyans FC defeating FC-goa in the finals. It was the second edition of Indian super league. It belongs to football.
- Asia cup 2016 – India won the 13th edition of Asia cup 2016, which was first time held in T-20 format, defeating Bangladesh. Sabir Rehman of Bangladesh was declared as the man of the tournament.
- Pro-Kabbadi League – Patna Pirate won the 3rd edition of the pro – Kabbadi league by defeating U-Mumba. It was first when Patna Pirates reached up to final level.
- Santosh Trophy– Services clinched Santosh trophy. It defeated Maharashtra in the finals. It was 70th edition of Santosh trophy, which is also known as Senior National Football Championship.
- ICC Under 19 World Cup – West-Indies won under-19 world cup, defeating India in the finals. India is a three time finalist in this cup. Mehedi Hasan Miraz won man of the series title. Bangladesh secured third place in the tournament.
- Hockey league 2016 – Punjab warriors won hockey league 2016 by defeating Kalinga lancers in the fourth edition of the hockey India league. Rupinder Pal Singh of Delhi Waveriders became the player of the tournament.
- New BCCI President – Anurag Thakur was appointed as the new president of BCCI replacing Shashank Manohar on 10th May, this year. Earlier, he was holding the post of BCCI secretary. He will be third BCCI president in last 16 months.
- Women in IAF’s Flying Branch– Indian Air Force will get the first batch of women fighter pilots. Bhawana Kanth, Avani Chaturvedi and Mohana Singh would be the first 3 women to be introduced in IAF as women Fighter pilot by June this year.
- Rafale – Medium Multi Role Combat Aircraft, Rafale, won the race of acquisition of aircrafts by Indian government. The initial plan was to acquire 126 aircrafts, out of which 18 will be in flying away condition. The deal was delayed due to pricing, general election in both the nations and some other reasons. Later, India compromised and marked the deal to get 36 jets in ready condition.
- Tejas – India’s indigenous developed aircraft, Tejas, is the new hope for Indian Armed Forces. Tejas is made by HAL and will replace India’s aging Mig aircrafts. The aircraft will manage the lack of aircraft in IAF.
- S-400 – The Russian Air Defense System, S-400 triumph, is expected to enter Indian Armed Forces soon. The government level talks for its acquisition are ongoing on. The air defense system will bring out a new era of pacifying air threats in the range of 400 kms.
- Ordinance Depo Fire – Fire in ammunition depo of Indian army in Pulgaon, near Nagpur, which is spread up to 7000 acre, claimed lives of 16 people including 2 officers and 1 Jawan. The cause of fire is still uncertain. Indian Army faced a huge loss of ammunition from this fire affecting military preparedness.
- Augusta Westland – The VVIP chopper deal, which later became a scam circling some top politicians and Armed Forces personals. CBI investigation was later initiated to drill out the actual base of scam. The deal was signed between UK based Agusta Westland and Congress led UPA government in 2010 for 12 helicopters for IAF for Rs 3.600 cr.
- New Navy Chief – Vice Admiral Sunil Lanba will be the new Navy Chief. Currently he is the Flag Officer Commanding-In-Chief of Western Naval Command Mumbai. He will replace the present Chief Of Naval Staff Admiral R.K. Dhowan, who will be relieved of his services on 31st May, 2016.
- Force 18 Exercise – Force 18 military exercise by Indian army took place in Pune. The exercise lasted for 7 days, comprising 300 participants from ASEAN and ASEAN plus nations. It was the largest multinational ground forces exercise to be conducted on Humanitarian Mine Action and Peace Keeping Operation.
- Cobra Gold 2016 – India participated in Cobra Gold Multilateral Amphibious Exercise for the first time hosted by Thailand. It was the 35th edition of this exercise with 35 nations participating in it. The exercise was lasted for 10 days with about 8500 participant personals.
- India US Predator Drone – India is in talks with US government to purchase 40 predator drones. Last year, U.S. government had cleared general Atomic proposal to sell the unarmed Predator XP in India. India’s introduction in MTCR will boost the move.
To crack the AFSB and SSB interview, we recommend you to get “Let’s Crack SSB Interview” book from Amazon.