The ongoing Aero India 2017 is the host to some of the best aerobatics from around the globe. The 4-day long exhibition will culminate on 18th February 2017.
On display during this exhibition is IAF’s Sarang Team, Surya Kiran Team, and the mighty Tejas.
But the eye-catching moment was witnessed when Lt Gen Kanwal Kumar flew the indigenous Light Combat Helicopter during the second day of the exhibition.
About Lt Gen Kanwal Kumar:
- Lt Gen Kanwal Kumar is the Director General of Army Aviation Corps.
- He also serves as the Colonel Commandant of Army Aviation Corps.
- He replaced Lt General P K Bharali as DG, Army Aviation on 01 December 2016.
- For his distinguished service, he has been awarded the Vishisht Seva Medal.
- The LCH is indigenously developed by the Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) and will soon be inducted into the Indian Army.
- This combat helicopter is light, manoeuvrable and armed with devastating fire-power.
- It has the capability to manoeuvre through narrow valleys, mountains and high altitude areas, providing effective support to ground operations.
- The LCH, armed with its turret mounted gun, rockets, air to air missiles and air to ground missiles is a potent force multiplier and shall greatly enhance the Indian Army’s military capability.